Dooms Day Preppers On National Geographic

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Dooms Day Preppers On National Geographic

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:01 pm

I saw this is a new series which begins Feb 7th at 9:00pm est. I'm sure this will be interesting.
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Dooms Day Preppers On National Geographic

Postby tn-dave » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm

I've still got an episode stored on my DVR that aired in late June -- they must have received good feedback from the 1st one to turn it into a series. I know I'll be watching
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Is Chad hosting it? He has more knowledge I'm sure.
misteroman

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:19 am

I’m sorry that I did not see the first show.

However, my gut tells me looking at the promotional spots for this upcoming show everyone will be portrayed as an extremist and nut job.

I would bet that nothing is shown in a positive manner to encourage everyday people that they have a personal duty and moral responsibility too, in all cases, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

The media has never promoted self reliance is a good thing, or something to strive for, yet only shows that this is something crazy people do.
Copper Catcher

Postby slickeast » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:13 am

Copper Catcher wrote:I’m sorry that I did not see the first show.

However, my gut tells me looking at the promotional spots for this upcoming show everyone will be portrayed as an extremist and nut job.

I would bet that nothing is shown in a positive manner to encourage everyday people that they have a personal duty and moral responsibility too, in all cases, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

The media has never promoted self reliance is a good thing, or something to strive for, yet only shows that this is something crazy people do.

You should TRUST in your GOVERNMENT to take care of you, they do know what is best for us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Engineer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:The media has never promoted self reliance is a good thing, or something to strive for, yet only shows that this is something crazy people do.

The bankers want all of our money in banks and stocks, and it is pretty obvious (to me at least) that the bankers own the media.

Think of the economic stimulus that would result if Americans were encouraged to prepare for a month without food or power. People would need shelves, generators, food, camp stoves, bottles of propane, medical kits, and all sorts of other stuff that would create jobs.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelless » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:26 pm

misteroman wrote:Is Chad hosting it? He has more knowledge I'm sure.

Derek, the last thing I want is to have my face on TV unless I'm a contestant on "Jeopardy"!

Here's what Kellene Bishop of PreparednessPro.com wrote:

http://preparednesspro.com/do-preppers-belong-on-tv/

I think she has some very good points about using every possible tool to get the word out about self-sufficiency, but I'd rather remain just an anonymous face in public and an avid encourager using a pseudonym online.
Nickelless

Postby justoneguy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:29 pm

http://preparednesspro.com
great site there!!
practical preparedness information
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Pachucko » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:38 pm

I thought it was a little funny she had a "Become a Personal Trainer" ad on her site.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasteddy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 pm

apparently she is a crook...the FBI is investigating her and she is being sued by a few people...see the other thread.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelless » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:42 am

fasteddy wrote:apparently she is a crook...the FBI is investigating her and she is being sued by a few people...see the other thread.

Which thread?
Nickelless

Postby getdong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 am

I'm actually watching it right now. Will be curious to see if prepping becomes really popular like storage auctions, picking, and everything else that nobody cared about until they made a tv show about it
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Postby theo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 am

Copper Catcher wrote:I’m sorry that I did not see the first show.

Its not as bad as I thought. At the end of each segment, they have experts make an assessment and offer suggestions as to where to improve. Surprisingly the suggestions are seemingly made from a prepper mindset. They told a couple who stored a lot of food to start a garden and then suggested that family who lived mostly out of their garden to store canned goods and extra water. They even told one guy to buy guns for protection. Of course the security risks of being on this show are disconcerting to say the least.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 am

No mention of silver and gold yet. One guy was hoping to barter with Ike dollars and arrowheads. Another episode mentioned bartering with alcohol. Talk about avoiding the elephant in the room!
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 am

There was a brief segment of a mom going into the coin shop and buy some 90% silver junk coins. She showed a $20 bill in one hand and 4 quarters in the other and made some comment about them being equal in value.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm

justoneguy wrote:http://preparednesspro.com
great site there!!
practical preparedness information

I have been looking for a site like this for a while.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:21 am

These people are very disciplined and very prepared but they all have overlooked one thing, through the need for stoking their own egos, ( by going on the program or YT) they overlooked the fact that they are advertising what supplies and resources they have and where they are located.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 pm

cesariojpn wrote:...they overlooked the fact that they are advertising what supplies and resources they have and where they are located.

A true statement. Very unwise of them.

I need only look at my own relatives to see what comes of letting anyone know what I have.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 pm

This guy on Youtubes has many of them uploaded, along with Doomsday Bunkers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PeterPrepper/videos
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About