Illnesses, foods, and drinks

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Illnesses, foods, and drinks

Postby Caridad » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:17 pm

I just spent the Halloween weekend recuperating from a stomach virus i knew would hit me the week before when my dd was diagnosed with a very bad ear infection. She had 105* fever dizzineSs and nausea. I knew i would soon get it too. Fortunately i had prepared earlier with medicines and soft foods before we were able to see a doctor. We had the Tylenol to give to my dd. No prob. Doc said to give her a warm bath for 30 minutes to bring down her temp. We were able to get as low as 101* her fever finally broke 5 Days later. When she saw the doc again he changed her anti biotic cuz her left ear still had an infection. This weekend it was my turn to be extremely sick. My body cleansed itself and i had to replenish myself before my electrolytes went crazy. To help settle my stomach i drank 7Up in a sippy cup. It would be hours before i could stomach chicken broth. I could not handle looking at, smelling, or even talking about food! If it happened i would lose my stomach. so what did i have on hand? Med so i did not have to leave the house immediately. Soft foods to replenish my strength and not upset my stomach. Electrolyte balancers so i don't pass out. one more thing: bleach wipes so the germs don't pass round and round needlessly. Are you ready?
Caridad
Penny Collector Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About