Organized and Accessible

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Organized and Accessible

Postby Verbane » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:15 am

Keep your preps accessible! What I have realized is that the once-in-a-blue-moon items are typically the items you would need quickest access to.

The Verbane household had a bit of an emergency last Monday night. I fell through the attic entry and broke my left shoulder, and sprained my left ankle and wrist. I knew immediately that we needed to immobilize my arm and ankle, and we had the needed equipment prepped, but my wife couldn't get to it. The wood footlocker used to store non-daily-use medical preps had become part of my coin sorting operation in the basement, and was covered with a sheet of plywood and a few hundred pounds of cents in 5 gallon pails.

I go for surgery tomorrow morning, and will be out of work(desk job) for at least this month, and 3 months before I have full use of my arm. I'm confined to a wheelchair until my ankle heals enough to walk on, so I'll be using this month for planning, and reorganizing on paper.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Re: Organized and Accessible

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 am

Verbane Ouch!! Sorry to hear about the accident...Take it slow and easy. It is a good point about having things handy and making me think as well as to what I don't have and probably should look into getting. Thanks!
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby PreservingThePast » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your accident. Prayers being said. Please keep us posted on your recovery.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

Broke my left wrist Sept 6th an just this week did it become comfortable to button my waste band on the levies, I'm 73 so healing is slower. when the cast first was cut off the hand was very weak now getting stronger following the exercise guide lines.

I can say I feel your pain an mean it, I will add you to my prayer-list.
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About