When it is a common occurrence to fight for one's life

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

When it is a common occurrence to fight for one's life

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu May 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Not a bad article. I know it is repeated but these to me can never be reposted too much.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... -ones-life
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: When it is a common occurrence to fight for one's life

Postby Mossy » Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 am

That author recommends the 5.7 x 28 (22 hornet class). Developed to penetrate body armor, but inferior to even the 9mm luger for day to day defense.

I would suggest people in the city, especially the ZeroHedge types, go with a .40 Glock and a Kel Tec 2000 in .40 that takes the Glock mag. The extra barrel length and the extra sight radius of the 2000 would be handy for street battles, and rifle folds to a size that would fit in a drawer, or under the bottom drawer of a file cabinet. While folded, it looks strange, but does not scream "GUN!!!" in appearence.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About