Vac Bag makers

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Vac Bag makers

Postby Mossy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 pm

I tried to get parts for a Tilia, and was told they only sell a few parts, like gaskets. Does anyone know any company that actually supports the vac bag machines they make?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Vac Bag makers

Postby Nickelless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

I have a Snorkel-Vac vacuum sealer and mylar bags that I got from SorbentSystems.com. I've been extremely happy with how well the sealer has performed, although on 3-millimeter-thick mylar bags I have to hold the sealer bar for at least 30 seconds to ensure that the mylar heats up enough along the strip that the sealer seals to ensure that it stays sealed.
Nickelless
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Vac Bag makers

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:10 am

Mossy wrote:I tried to get parts for a Tilia, and was told they only sell a few parts, like gaskets. Does anyone know any company that actually supports the vac bag machines they make?

You might contact this company: http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/tilia_ ... acuum.aspx
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About