FRN's for bugging out

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

FRN's for bugging out

Postby justoneguy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Nickelless had a link in the old forum about a katrina story.
the guy had preps for 2 people for 30 days.
he told two friends where to join him, and 15 people showed up.
he was ok with it because it was short term, but supplies went very quickly.
my quote from this is most of them only had $100 bills which they could not change anywhere.
made me think about throwing a bunch of 20's in with the C-notes
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: FRN's for bugging out

Postby Nickelless » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:21 pm

If most of them only had $100 bills, they should've used those FRNs to buy food in the first place.

I'm setting up a "public" pantry where I'm going to have a stash of canned goods and dry goods that I can pull from when guests--expected or otherwise--come over to my place. But the bulk of my preps will be elsewhere, and if nobody knows where to look, they won't find my stash. The "public" pantry is stuff I use anyway but that I could live without if it were depleted--basically extra stuff on top of my extra stuff. I don't plan on having to go into my bunker for more food and other stuff until after guests have vacated the premises. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. ;)
Nickelless
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jasmatk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Nickelless wrote:If most of them only had $100 bills, they should've used those FRNs to buy food in the first place.

I'm setting up a "public" pantry where I'm going to have a stash of canned goods and dry goods that I can pull from when guests--expected or otherwise--come over to my place. But the bulk of my preps will be elsewhere, and if nobody knows where to look, they won't find my stash. The "public" pantry is stuff I use anyway but that I could live without if it were depleted--basically extra stuff on top of my extra stuff. I don't plan on having to go into my bunker for more food and other stuff until after guests have vacated the premises. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. ;)

thats great your doing that as am I but where do we draw the line this katrina story is small scale what if the sh#t really hit the fan on a country wide scale you would have to cut people off somewhere you cant feed the whole state or even county what if they never vacate your property im not cold hearted i dont want to sound cold but.......And i know you said they wont know about your stash but if people think you have a little they will assume you have alot my point is if people know you have some and they have none guess where there coming :shock: just my opinion
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jasmatk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:47 pm

ok didnt see that elsewhere in there i was assuming you had it all on one property sorry
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jasmatk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 pm

i lost the topic the 1st time around; frn grab what u have on hand its not what u have in ur bob its how much cash on hand you have are u gonna leave it behind (NO) take it all duh as far as denomination keep them low
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:44 pm

you can go crazy reading the prepping forums. you are best to focus on the most likely scenarios. loss of utilities, gasoline, and grocery store resupply for up to a month. could be a flood, hurricane, financial crisis, etc.

multiple cache sites is difficult to manage.

cash - $5s work best imho. go to the bank, cash your 100s in for 5s. then put them in zip loc bags.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Caridad » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 pm

ok, i'll bite and ask the question. what is FRN? what does it stand for?
Caridad
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Caridad wrote:ok, i'll bite and ask the question. what is FRN? what does it stand for?

See--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Note
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelless » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:25 am

Nickelless
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Devil Soundwave » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 am

Nickelless wrote:Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. ;)

A good point - where the heck do I buy powdered egg these days?
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About