Are there any honey bee wraglers on the forum

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Are there any honey bee wraglers on the forum

Postby thedrifter » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 pm

I am wondering if there is anyone on the forum who raises honey bees or more specifically knows about the honey they produce. My problem is that mid summer I bought five pounds of honey, and in the last month it has solidified. This has happened more than once. I was wondering what the causes of this are and what can I do to prevent this?
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Re: Are there any honey bee wraglers on the forum

Postby RickS » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Set the jar in a pot of hot water (not boiling) and it'll go back to liquid. Will need to stir it occasionally. Common thing with good honey. :) (parent's neighbor raises bees).

It can still be used in crystallized form!
RickS
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Are there any honey bee wraglers on the forum

Postby thedrifter » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks RickS. That is what I thought. I melted a smaller bottle in the microwave a couple of months ago. I still used it in the crystalized form. It is just such a monkey show trying to get it out of the large plastic bottle with the little mouth.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About