Buy your guns now!

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Buy your guns now!

Postby silversaddle1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm sure you have all bought one or two, but you better try to buy more if you can.

Here comes the pain.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/ ... lt-weapons
silversaddle1
Penny Collector Member

Re: Buy your guns now!

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:01 pm

silversaddle1 wrote:I'm sure you have all bought one or two, but you better try to buy more if you can.

Here comes the pain.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/ ... lt-weapons

lots of decisions to be made before you purchase - especially if its your first

owning a gun comes with a lot of responsibility

i dont like that "register" word one bit...

especially on already owned firearms

choose your side now guys...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:38 pm

The ability to defend oneself is a God-given right not something the goobermint grants us. Nor is it something the gov can legitimately rescind. What to do? Refer to my signature. It's the history of the world.

Strong hearts, all.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:18 pm

feinstein can take a hike on the steep side of a cliff.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby silversaddle1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:16 am

While I don't think half of this bill would ever go through, it is a good clue of what they really want to do to your gun rights.

There will be a time when they push too far and there will be blood.
silversaddle1
Penny Collector Member

Postby rickygee » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:34 am

Even your Ruger 10/22 with the optional factory BX25 mag is now an assault weapon. :thumbdown:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:12 pm

What the politicians can say by implementing just part of the bill is that they "compromised" but came up with a good law for Americans, ignoring, of course, that they have continued to whittle away the rights that they think they can arbitrarily grant and control.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 pm

shinnosuke wrote:What the politicians can say by implementing just part of the bill is that they "compromised" but came up with a good law for Americans, ignoring, of course, that they have continued to whittle away the rights that they think they can arbitrarily grant and control.

Ever notice that a "compromise" always means we give up something?

And what the grabbers "give up" is what they try for the next year, so we lose again. And again. And again.

:!: :!: :!: Let's compromise :P

Let's demand repeal of all gun laws.

And allow the grabbers to keep a few, until next year...

When we demand the rest be repealed.

:angel: :angel: :angel:
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby denny » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I am in colorado and you cant find an ak or any thing close sales are thru the roof price isnt issue
denny
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

denny wrote:I am in colorado and you cant find an ak or any thing close sales are thru the roof price isnt issue

I went to a show here, and everything is 4x the price it was 2-3 weeks ago. pistols and shotguns are still somewhat "normal"
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby alpacafarmer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:59 am

This bill would even make some muzzle loaders illegal because of the thumb hole stock.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby silversaddle1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 am

Keep looking. The deals are still out there. Our local gun shop is selling AR's for $1250.00, but you have to order them and wait. That is the same price these exact same rifles were before a democrat opened her mouth.

Here is the deal. The companies that manufacture these rifles have dedicated all their forces to manufacturing lower receivers. The lower is the part of the AR that is registered. So by doing this, if they can make half a million receivers before any ban goes into effect, they will still be able to build and sell AR's and sell them post ban since the lower was manufactured before the ban. It's a win-win for both them and us. One, because there will still be plenty of AR's for sale in the future, and two, these rifles can have all the cool things on them, like flash hiders, bayo lugs, etc.

So if you don't have a gun yet, go out and buy yourself a nice home defense type shotgun and just wait for the dust to settle on the semi-auto stuff.
silversaddle1
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:54 am

What are the prices of ak's in your area john?
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby justoneguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 pm

misteroman wrote:What are the prices of ak's in your area john?

denver area
how's $3300 asking :evil: :evil:
http://www.armslist.com/posts/770910/de ... ctory-386-
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Kurr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:47 pm

What good does it do to buy your gun, then have to pay 200.00 for a stamp to keep it (or more they could pass this law and increase the "tax stamp" to 5-10k per), then can not sell or transfer it, and when you die, it goes to the gov to be sold to china as scrap metal, and your kids are left with nothing?

You either comply with the law, or become a felon, or make your children felons by giving them an illegal firearm.

I just don't see the rush on this with the pending outcomes. Unless people are arming up for a fight. Or everybodies opinion is at least I got mine, let later generations fend for themselves (legally speaking).

I would really like an AR and a Saiga, but I don't want to get caught up in a "manic" moment either. What's gonna happen too the price of all these manufactured firearms if the legislation doesnt go through? will there be a massive oversupply depressing the prices?

I just dont know which way to go on this.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby Thogey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 pm

I just came home from the flea market. I saw at least 2 dozen NIB ARs there. They were asking $1300 and up for basic firearms. 35-55 for magazines.
I've never seen s many ARs there. They are obviously the jerks who went to Wal-mart and and Cal ranch and bought them out.

I did not see anyone buy and I was there for 3 hours. I hope they get stuck with them.

Before all this crap started I picked up a saiga 12 for $675 and an MandP 15 for $600
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby silversaddle1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Kurr wrote:What good does it do to buy your gun, then have to pay 200.00 for a stamp to keep it (or more they could pass this law and increase the "tax stamp" to 5-10k per), then can not sell or transfer it, and when you die, it goes to the gov to be sold to china as scrap metal, and your kids are left with nothing?

You either comply with the law, or become a felon, or make your children felons by giving them an illegal firearm.

I just don't see the rush on this with the pending outcomes. Unless people are arming up for a fight. Or everybodies opinion is at least I got mine, let later generations fend for themselves (legally speaking).

I would really like an AR and a Saiga, but I don't want to get caught up in a "manic" moment either. What's gonna happen too the price of all these manufactured firearms if the legislation doesnt go through? will there be a massive oversupply depressing the prices?

The tax stamp thing is a false flag. They know it will never happen, it's something they can "give up" to gain other things they want. And even by the faintest chance they did get the tax stamp passed, who's gonna enforce it? Who's going to register all the millions of guns out there? There are only 17 people now at the ATF that handle the tax stamps. The will need budget funding to hire thousands of people to register them all. It will never happen.

Rest assured, something wicked this way comes, but I really don't think the tax stamp part has a chance.
silversaddle1
Penny Collector Member

Postby Bham » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:17 pm

A friend told me that there were like 450 deaths due to hammers last year and only 325 due to AR's. Not sure of his source, but they should require everyone to register their hammers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bham
Penny Collector Member

Postby alpacafarmer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 am

Went into a gun store yesterday that I go to about once a month and they still had AR's on the shelf. How they did this is they just increased the price buy $1,000 dollar per gun. Still had mags to price went from 14.95 to 49.99.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Looks like an EO on the way. Sheriff Joe is leading the charge. I want to see what states give the push back on the EO and tell Obama to go phuk himself.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Kurr wrote:I would really like an AR and a Saiga, but I don't want to get caught up in a "manic" moment either. What's gonna happen too the price of all these manufactured firearms if the legislation doesnt go through? will there be a massive oversupply depressing the prices?

That is exactly what I've been thinking. I've been wanting a couple of guns for a few years now, but I don't want to jump on these inflated prices. I guess I'll hold off and hope the idiots in Congress can't get anything done, causing the price to go back down. I just don't know.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About