Water - Storage in an Emergency

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Water - Storage in an Emergency

Postby Copper Catcher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:46 pm

I recently found this product and think it is an excellent idea...The price is very reasonable but unfortunately they are on backorder yet it is still worth the look:
http://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do

The waterBOB® is a water containment system that holds up to 100 gallons of fresh drinking water in any standard bathtub in the event of an emergency. Constructed of heavy duty food grade plastic, the waterBOB® keeps water fresh and clean for drinking, cooking, washing and flushing. Water stored in an open bathtub, with dirt, soap film and exposure to debris will spoil and become useless.

During a hurricane or tropical storm, water main breaks and storm surges can interrupt or even contaminate your water supply. It is during these conditions the waterBOB® may be used for temporary water storage. Constructed of heavy duty plastic that is FDA compliant for food storage, the waterBOB® keeps water fresh and clean for up to 4 weeks.

The waterBOB® is very easy to use. Simply lay the liner in any standard bathtub, attach the fill sock to the faucet and fill the bladder to capacity, which takes approximately 20 minutes. A siphon pump is included to easily dispense the water into jugs or pitchers. Never wait in line again to buy expensive bottled water! Be prepared with the waterBOB®.
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Water - Storage in an Emergency

Postby PennyPauper » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Great idea.Seen them before and I always have remembered it,I think its time to order some. What is the price,can't find one.
Hope they will be in stock again soon.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 am

not sure i see why you can't just fill up your tub, assuming its clean. that's what i do. what is the advantage of this item?

those syphons can be found for about $2 at Northern tools.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby didou » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 am

This seem hard to use in real life. You have to keep it full all the time and empty it when you take a bath and fill it after or it will be likely to be empty when the power/water goes out.
It may be useful if you have a well and a generator and the power goes out, but for most people isn't the case.

I don't know the price of these but a bunch of cheap half litter water bottle buy in rebates and rotated will do the job for short emergency, for longer emergency a filter will be needed any way. And i don't have to worry about filling/empty the bath all the time.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 am

we have a spare bedroom and we keep it filled but without this special item.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelless » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:13 pm

It costs a little more (about a dollar a gallon) than filling up the tub, but at least as a first step, cases of bottled water are more user-friendly. I bought four more cases of six 1-gallon bottles of Mountain House water a couple days ago at Sam's Club. As far as a bigger reservoir of sorts for water storage, I'm trying to wrap my brain around the best way to do it without either flooding my house or attracting attention from the neighbors as I dig a ginormous hole for water tanks.
Nickelless
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby PennyPauper » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 pm

You would only pull this out and fill it if there was a impending emergency.So not for every situation.But if you knew ahead of time I think you would be happy to have a extra 100-200 gallons of clean water around.Would beat standing in line for a few bottles of water after a emergency. Sure its not for everyone,doesn't make it a bad idea.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About