Plasma

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Plasma

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:27 am

I just thought of a way to make money that I would like to share with everyone. In the past, I have been a plasma donator. It is similar to donating blood, but the plasma is extracted and the blood is then returned to your body. There is usually no light-headedness after donating, so it is just a commitment of your time.

I donated at a facility called CSL Plasma. They have locations in several states. I guess you could Google for something in your area. Right now, CSL is paying $50 for the first 5 donations. You can donate at least twice/week. After the first 5 donations they usually drop down to about $35 each.

Take a book because there is usually a wait.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Plasma

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:38 am

All my buddies in college used to do that for drinking money. Donate plasma on Friday afternoon, dont eat anything for dinner, and slam a few 40's. Claimed it gave them quite the buzz... I just have no interest in needles and machines pumping anything out of my body, running it through the machine, then pumping it back in. Also remeber they used to talk about how the blood pumped back in was mixed with saline and how cold it felt... not for me.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 pm

there are other things you can donate that are more enjoyable.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:there are other things you can donate that are more enjoyable.

:lol: :lol:
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:20 pm

I donated for about 3 years. You can donate twice a week. You can't donate 2 days in a row or more than twice in a 7 day period.

The saline is giving at the end. They can slow the rate down if it is making your arm cold.

I was on several different programs. One was rabies. They give you something and your body build antibodies. They use the plasma to make rabie shots.

Took about an hour each visit. Got $75 a week. Took a portable dvd player and watched movies.

My ex is RH negative. She got $600 a month if she donated 8 times in the month.

One donar had some rare blood/antibody and received $1100 EACH visit. One guy was flown in, put up in a hotel, and still received $800 for his donation.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby abe » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:57 am

Back in 86 I stayed with a friend in Ky and had and lost a constuction job, so I gave plasma twice a week. I believe the 1st visit was $12 and the 2nd $20. I see the prices have gone up a little. I'll never forget that little town reminds me of the tv show. " Justified". That was the craziest place I ever lived.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby involuntary tentacle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:13 am

are you required to give your name?
involuntary tentacle
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About