everyone thinks i'm nuts for hoarding pennies!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: everyone thinks i'm nuts for hoarding pennies!

Postby tinhorn » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:06 am

cesariojpn wrote:A midlife crisis entails a sports car and trying to hit on women 20 years younger........

Wait a sec. We're not supposed to DO that?!
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Andrew Jackson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 am

;)
The real question is are you nuts for sorting pennies? Or nuts for expressing your burning desire to everyone you meet why they should be sorting. Therefore diminishing supply.
That is the real question!
Andrew Jackson

Postby s3p2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Andrew Jackson wrote:;)
The real question is are you nuts for sorting pennies? Or nuts for expressing your burning desire to everyone you meet why they should be sorting. Therefore diminishing supply.
That is the real question!

Im with you Andrew. What I mean is the few family and couple of coworkers I talk to about it. I'm not putting it out on ABC or yahoo news so the whole world starts keeping them.
In short time they will go the way of silver dimes and quarters.... none to be found.
s3p2

Postby tractorman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:04 pm

The short-sightedness of some on here really amazes me.

The early bird gets the worm. If you wanted more copper cents, you should have started sooner and sorted more. For someone to think that the guys who have done it bigger and better should keep quiet for your late-to-the-game benefit baffles me. And of course, to take it further than the thought ... to post about it ... is quite ridiculous.

I have been sorting for a very short time and can still lift my copper cents. But I'm not so full of myself to think other, more astute, persons should change their business models for ME.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DirtyFingers » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:10 pm

After all these years of hand sorting, I still get eye-rolls and snickering from most folks closest to me.

My long time copper mining bank has been calling me the bagman for quite some time now. I'm ok with that.
I get what I want, when I want it. Seventh heaven for a copper and silver miner!
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Everyone thinks that hoarding pennies is probably the most normal thing I do. :shock:
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby adagirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:24 pm

I fit into the 'my wife thinks I'm crazy' category. :lol: It is kind of fun being eccentric
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing