Copper thefts at "crises level" in San Francisco!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper thefts at "crises level" in San Francisco!

Postby pennypicker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Today as I was leaving the supermarket here in beautiful, sunny Medford Oregon I glanced at the headlines of the various newspapers on the stands and the front page headline in large black letters in today's San Francisco Chronicle was "Copper thefts at crises level".

The rising price of copper is good for us metal hoarders but it is a big problem and expense for countless cities across the country. Just prior to my moving from Victorville, California the DMV there had to be closed for a day as copper thieves the night before had removed all the wiring from the back of the building. Additionally the city had to pay to install locks on all the brass fire hydrant caps because metal thieves were stealing the caps at night--not to mention the manhole covers in the streets as well.

Huge problem to say the least.... :x
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Copper thefts at "crises level" in San Francisco!

Postby njoElec » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Why steal copper wiring when you can hoard pennies? People seriously don't think!
njoElec
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Copper thefts at "crises level" in San Francisco!

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 pm

njoElec wrote:Why steal copper wiring when you can hoard pennies? People seriously don't think!

The thefts are done by druggies and mentally unstable people. Of course they won't think rationally!!

cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing