sales on ebay for pennies

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

sales on ebay for pennies

Postby nero12345 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Caught this one on CurrencyDebasement.com.

Based on Ebay sales for week of Nov 20 - Nov 26, 2011.
$1800.00 of pennies was sold for $3,128.53.
Lowest priced $100 lot sold for $157.00, highest sold for $178.15.
A $1000 lot was sold for $1805. This accounted for half of this week's volume and skewed prices sharply higher

Based on Ebay sales for week of Nov 27 - Dec 03, 2011.
$3000.00 of pennies was sold for $4,769.60.
Lowest priced $100 lot sold for $143.21, highest sold for $183.45.

•Only lots of $100 or greater are counted.
•Total price includes shipping.
•Lots touting wheaties or anything other than memorial copper cents excluded.
• This is only meant to be a general gauge as to market prices of copper cents on Ebay.

I thought it was interesting that influx of pennies being sold and also,oh course, the price drop. Wondering if our little show had something to do with this. How long and how many new sellers will stay doing this hobby. I'm not dogging on anyone new so don't let it appear that way,we all started doing this at some time or the other. Just wanted some different opinions on this I guess.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Re: sales on ebay for pennies

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:26 pm

I think with the increased number of lookers and the better prices more people, who were already doing this, posted more of ebay. I know at least 3 people from realcent that posted 2-3x there normal amount do to the increased action.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby ed_vantage17 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:31 pm

I'm a "lowroller" ($15 FV lots in a small FRB) and my sales were zilch from the Nightline/GMA coverage until this weekend when I had sales every day. Even had one today sell above "spot". I figured the December would be slow due to the holiday shopping season, but it's looking promising.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tinhorn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:46 pm

November sales were pretty dismal, and near the end of the month I listed a lot of auctions in order to use up my 50 free listings. When the Nightline story hit, sales took off like a rocket and I sold most of those listings. I repeated the process to take advantage of the Good Morning America boost, but that turned out to be a bust. I sell 10-pound lots for 2.2 to 2.4 times face. Sales have been consistent since the shows, but my prices are lower than last summer and volume is lower, too. Last summer I was getting 2.4 to 2.7 times face.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing