Making money on pennies without even sorting

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Making money on pennies without even sorting

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:59 am

This evening I was tweaking my spreadsheet for tracking my penny counting stats and I discovered that I'm making money off my penny sorting habit regardless of the value of the copper. For the 2,800 rolls I have handled so far this year, I totaled the face value of all the U.S. and Canadian cents plus the U.S. dimes and excluded all of the other foreign coins. The total amount was $1,402.65. So I have "earned" 0.19% already. That's a better rate than the interest rate the banks would give me if I left the money in my account. :lol:
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Making money on pennies without even sorting

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:20 am

too funny. However you have to sort to find those dimes.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Making money on pennies without even sorting

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:44 pm

JadeDragon wrote:too funny. However you have to sort to find those dimes.

I refined the numbers down to just the CWRs and had $462.62 from 920 rolls. That extra $2.62 is 0.51%. I suppose I could just take the CWRs straight from the pickup back to a bank with a coin counter and let the machine "discover" the dimes for me. But what's the fun in that?
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing