Finally found what I was looking for.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Finally found what I was looking for.

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Early on in my wheat sorting career I bought all 3 Whitman albums to fill with my wild finds. I FINALLY found the last copper I've needed to complete the #2 (1941-1973) album. I only grab the wheats I see as I feed the Ryedale and don't make any special effort to search them out. Today I got a '52 S. Now the only hole left to fill is a '43 D. That may take a while.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Finally found what I was looking for.

Postby hirbonzig » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Congrats on just one wheat away from a complete wild wheat book. I have found a '43-D, but that is the only steel cent I have found in the wild --ever!
Good luck on finding that '43-D and some of the "good ones" from book #1.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Finally found what I was looking for.

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

I've found 2 '43 S in the wild and a teller gave me a 43 plain from the reject bin of their coin counter (I count that as a wild as I got it for face value from a bank) Also found two '09 VDB this year. I want a '31 S for christmas but I guess santa doesn't think I was good enough.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing