Ever switch between dump and source banks ?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ever switch between dump and source banks ?

Postby 1945v » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:18 pm

For the longest time, I had source banks far from home and dump banks nearby.
I never changed their designation until recently.
After starting a new job, I starting using some dump banks as source banks.
I was shocked by the improvement in yields.
My copper yield went from 3o% to 45% and my nickel went from 5% to 13%.

I get the impression there is fast turn over at banks. Whatever is dumped is probably completely dispersed within 1 or 2 weeks.
1945v
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Ever switch between dump and source banks ?

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 pm

I've seen my dump bank do 30+ bags of pennies a week. Of course these are not for sale...reason for being my dump bank. On the bright side, I've never got a brand new box from them either!

The only downer is that I have moved and went from 3 dumping branches within 2 miles and another 5 dumping branches within 12 miles to only 1 dump branch within 20 miles. Trying to stay under their radar....it's getting harder!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby everything » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:47 am

I always check what my banks give me, my newest bank, I literally drool going into that place, the wrappers are easy to undo and refill with pure copper, and it's always 30%+. I only dump at my CU which won't sell me anything, they are not fun, but they still like me, but they have to follow policy, well where I work we change the policy all the time. I was going to try and tell them I'll put 20 thousand cash in my savings if they'll sell me bags, I don't know how to work with them. I would really like to know how you get them to sell you just plain bags, which bank to join, etc.

My old boxes I was getting into this year yet had dates on the bottom, presumably of when they were packed, the dates were usually only a few weeks, like two, before the date I picked them up. Last week was no pennies for me, Christmas shopping exhausted all my sources. The bank tellers at my newest place, a smaller community bank, who are awesome, told me into January people will be bringing in allot of change.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:45 am

one of my pick up banks always tells me I can dump there too... they are very nice..I buy them lunch once in a while
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing