Cummins jetsort problem?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Cummins jetsort problem?

Postby pennyhoard » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Does anyone here have any experience working on the cummins Allison jetsort? I have a model 3100 that is giving me issues it has been running fine but this week it starting giving me "table error" message on the readout. Thanks in advance.
pennyhoard
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Cummins jetsort problem?

Postby wpd7 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:59 am

Most likely the rubber is coming loose from the foam pad underneath.

Keep using it and you'll see rubber chunks soon.
wpd7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennyhoard » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 am

wpd7 wrote:Most likely the rubber is coming loose from the foam pad underneath.

Keep using it and you'll see rubber chunks soon.

Thanks for the advice! It has been a great machine. And the pad/disk has been replaced not to long ago. Can't really use it because it will run 5000 coins and then the "table error" pops up. I have to unplug it for several minutes and it may or maynot restart. Thanks.
pennyhoard
Penny Sorter Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 am

By unplugging the machine you aren't fixing the problem, just making the machine reset. Make sure the sensors (blue in color) on the top of the "coin holes" are clean and clear and than the error should clear.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby pennyhoard » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:04 am

highroller4321 wrote:By unplugging the machine you aren't fixing the problem, just making the machine reset. Make sure the sensors (blue in color) on the top of the "coin holes" are clean and clear and than the error should clear.

Thanks HR!
pennyhoard
Penny Sorter Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 am

pennyhoard wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:By unplugging the machine you aren't fixing the problem, just making the machine reset. Make sure the sensors (blue in color) on the top of the "coin holes" are clean and clear and than the error should clear.

Thanks HR!

If that doesn't work than when you or whoever put the head on they didnt properly adjust it so its level therefore causing the coin to "bounce" of the shoots/holes its suppose to be going there. When it bounces it causes the error as well.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby pennyhoard » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 am

highroller4321 wrote:
pennyhoard wrote:

Thanks HR!

If that doesn't work than when you or whoever put the head on they didnt properly adjust it so its level therefore causing the coin to "bounce" of the shoots/holes its suppose to be going there. When it bounces it causes the error as well.

I appreciate the help HR!

I have never really done anything to the machine except try to keep it clean. I do have thee operators manual,however I have been unable to locate a "service manual" If anyone has one available please let me know. Also if there is anyone that needs the operators manual hit me up and I will email it to you. Thanks
pennyhoard
Penny Sorter Member

Postby pennyhoard » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:56 am

Cleaning the sensors amid not work. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance
pennyhoard
Penny Sorter Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:55 pm

pennyhoard wrote:Cleaning the sensors amid not work. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

You need to get your machine calibrated so the head is sitting at the right angle compared to the rubber disk. You can't do this yourself :(
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing