canadian coppers

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

canadian coppers

Postby penny pretty » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

just started hand sorting, know what to keep, kinda fuzzy on the georges. find quite a few( hour away from the border) of course I separate them all, then I found a 1937 and a 1936(no dot DAMMIT) in back to back rolls. my question. is there a price guideline for older canadians like there is for wheats? any help would be appreciated.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: canadian coppers

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:38 am

I save anything with a king on it separate. Here's a general guideline. http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby penny pretty » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:11 pm

chart JUST what I was looking for. TYVM!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby creshka46 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

I buy the latest "Coin Prices" magazine every 6 months or so. The last one I got had a bonus canadian section so that is the reference I use. BTW, that mag puts the retail values for your 2 coins at 0.15 and 0.35 in VG respectively.
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dagger75 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 pm

I live in Maine about 2-3 hours away from Canadian border to the North, East and West. In CWR i've been getting 15-20% Canadian with about 60-70% of those 96' and older coppers and have found a few of the George V & VI which I set aside. This thread popped up at the perfect time! Your link, http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php, is great JadeDragon. Very easy to navigate and saved me having to find a good Canadian coin site to use! Thanks.

Now back to hand sorting until I get my Ryedale from TXBullion in a week or so...
Dagger75

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm

I've seen somewhere here....I think... the older George V's being compared to our indian head and the newer George VI's compared to regular wheat cents. This was a find comparison and not a price one.

Save 'em......plenty of willing buyers of both kings and copper queens here on the forum.

For an example.....I'll find 1 lone George V to 100+ George VI's.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing