how is copper bullion generally priced?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

how is copper bullion generally priced?

Postby mbailey1234 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 am

I am currently trying to build my gold and silver stack plus sort a few pennies with the boys when they are interested. I am more than curious about other metals, especially copper as well. Although I realize shipping it can cost a small fortune.

Last time I was in our LCS, he had 8 1# bars in there that he had bought from someone priced at $11 each or $10 if you took all of them.

Since I don't see much. 999 copper bullion for sale on here , I have only witnessed the prices on ebay. What would be a decent premium over spot on lets say, a private sale, not necessairily buying from a dealer?

I may pick up a couple hundred pounds if the price ever settles back down.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: how is copper bullion generally priced?

Postby misteroman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 pm

I think the sell for about 3x spot on average. Best way to keep copper is pennies hand down.
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby MUTiger » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:I am currently trying to build my gold and silver stack plus sort a few pennies with the boys when they are interested. I am more than curious about other metals, especially copper as well. Although I realize shipping it can cost a small fortune.

Last time I was in our LCS, he had 8 1# bars in there that he had bought from someone priced at $11 each or $10 if you took all of them.

Since I don't see much. 999 copper bullion for sale on here , I have only witnessed the prices on ebay. What would be a decent premium over spot on lets say, a private sale, not necessairily buying from a dealer?

I may pick up a couple hundred pounds if the price ever settles back down.

Check out these post threads and your questions may be answered.

mutiger

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=495

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8446&p=81911&
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 pm

:) Good reading! Thanks for posting the links.

I agree, having some is more of a wow factor. I may get a few small rounds or coins but I think it does make a lot more since to stick with the gold and silver.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing