Fast sort coin counter

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Fast sort coin counter

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:09 pm

I found a Fast Sort FS-4DA counter/wrapper for sale locally for 25.00, has anyone ever used one for just pennies? I do not have to wrap my zincs but mostly wanted it to count coppers, could I put a tray under it so it counts but doesnt wrap? If I wrapped my coppers would my old wrappers from the bank to wrap the coppers if I open them carefully
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Fast sort coin counter

Postby knibloe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm

I have one and it works fine. It has 4 tubes that each hold 50 pennies. You do not need to put wrappers in it. I just fill the tubes for counting and then dump them.

You can use your old wrappers, but you will not be able to have it auto wrap because the folded over ends will stop the pennies from entering the wrapper. Basically fill the tubes, and then manually refill the empty wrappers.

About a month ago, I tried to pimp mine. I thought that I could trick it into counting out lots of 50 pennies forever. However, the electronics in the machine are smarter than I am.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:46 pm

So are you saying it only counts out fifty and then stops?
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Postby knibloe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 pm

There are 4 tubes for each coin. Once it coints enough to fill a roll, it stops, advances to the next tube and resumes again. Once all 4 tubes any one coin are full it stops until you empty them and slide the tray back in.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing