Making REAL Money

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Making REAL Money

Postby Penny Pyramid » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:08 pm

I just joined today and I am interested in getting everyone's opinion: Will ANY country ever make REAL money again?

I doubt it simply because there is not enough gold or silver to be an effect currency and copper is used for too many important industrial purposes. I hoard copper pennies and stack silver because I believe both will become much more valuable in the future. Please let me know your thoughts on this topic.

Rich
Penny Pyramid

Re: Making REAL Money

Postby dakota1955 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:42 pm

welcome aboard
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby getdong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:17 pm

seems as if canada has realized people are hoarding pennies and decided to get in on the action themselves if im not mistaken they are actively pulling old pennies out and melting them down. i think they realize people will hoard them and they won't be circulated which is why they seem to be finally comming to their senses and getting rid of these stupid presidential coins. the only people buying them were the people who caught onto the glitch early and bought them for cc points and immediatley dumped them back at the bank.
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Postby everything » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Probably not, when people hoard it up, it won't circulate. Real money is still used, I believe India and Iran just did 5 billion dollar equivalent oil deal in gold.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Madwest » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Forward thinking states in the US are seriously considering it as we speak.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/03/pf/states_currencies/index.htm
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverhedgehog » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:13 pm

They still do in the US they are called Silver and Gold Eagles. They cost quite a bit more than face value these days.
Anyone can trade the paper trash for them and the smart money is. This group of fine people looks to the used coin
market or circulation of coins to reap the simple joy of finding REAL Money. Most are diversified into silver and gold
along with copper. Welcome to the madness.
silverhedgehog
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Penny Pyramid » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I enjoy reading the different topics and will continue to add my two cents - or maybe even more.
Penny Pyramid

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing