New Ryedale Video

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: New Ryedale Video

Postby uthminsta » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Ryedale wrote:I hope the iPhone didn't confuse things. It was just there as the time keeper.

Oh, man I was hoping it would be included with the purchase! I was saving up. Ahh, okay. :roll:
PS I bought an Apprentice from BEAUANDEROS earlier this month... and it certainly lives up to the hype. So much fun!
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cent1225 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:25 am

Andy:
With the PWM motor, how many coins per minute does it do with two hoppers attached versus none.
I find my Apprentice machine is much slower when the top one or two hoppers are full vs. when only the cube hopper is full.
Does the PWM compensate and increase the speed regardless of the weight on the rotating wheel?
Thanks for answering all these questions on this forum.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 am

Ryedale wrote:
slickeast wrote:Can the old ones be "UPDATED"?

Yes they can...
If you just want the speed control, I'll only require the cube hopper of the machine, if you want the counters too, I'd need the whole thing.

Hmmm... Fleet rates for multiple upgrades? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Ryedale » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 am

Cent1225 wrote:Andy:
With the PWM motor, how many coins per minute does it do with two hoppers attached versus none.
I find my Apprentice machine is much slower when the top one or two hoppers are full vs. when only the cube hopper is full.
Does the PWM compensate and increase the speed regardless of the weight on the rotating wheel?
Thanks for answering all these questions on this forum.

We did a couple bench tests to see if it was viable before the "video" was made.
On those bench tests we ran two extension hoppers that were full to the top, and it still ran about as fast.
It still speeds up slightly when the coin cup is about half full and less. The speed control has a "governor" on it so it wants to really run strong full to empty.
In the video there were 907 (or so) coins in the hopper, so it had quite a load of down force on the wheel. I find the faster steady speed keeps the coins (fluidized) better, meaning it keeps them in motion, it rarely does the funny coin logging or rolling mass thing that you see with half a cup and less of coins. In fact I never saw that happen since installing the speed control.
Ryedale
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing