CRAZY bags

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

CRAZY bags

Postby uthminsta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Had a meeting about an hour from where I work today. Went to a bank afterwards, and asked if they had any bags of unrolled cents. She said sure, let me get them.
(First score! Unrolled coin... easier to pour into the Ryedale penny hog!)

They brought out two $25 bags and sold them to me.
(Second score! Two free canvas bags!)

Got any more? "No, all the rest is rolled new coin from the Fed." I took them to the car and couldn't help but take a peek. Hey there's a dime! And a quarter!
(Third score! Free money!)

I got home and started digging my hand into the "special" bag and came up with $5.55 in quarters and dimes. :shock: The next bag had NO "mistakes" in it. But these came off the same counter!

Looked like the normal 20%-ish copper, but also included a Masonic counterstamp and a blank planchet. 8-)
(Fourth score! Fun stuff!)
I've shown them below with a couple other recent fun finds... the Zincoln has a chunk of the zinc essentially broken off, and still has a flap on the reverse - basically just the copper plating still attached to the coin. Plus a full red 60D and a Bahamas cent. I will take ANY Bahamian cents that anyone wants to send me. My wife LOVES them. Just sayin'
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: CRAZY bags

Postby RichardPenny43 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Good score! That 60d looks like a small date.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Z00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Just the Bahama cents? The 5, 10, and 25 are pretty too.

I have not found a 15 cent yet.
Anyone going to the Bahamas has a standing order to go to a bank and get all the rolls they can. (do they put square coins in "rolls"?) :shock:
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 am

Yeah, I like them all, but my favorite is the cent. Especially the bright yellow BRASS years. This coin is one of my all-time favorites:
Image Image
Look close under the starfish and you can see the intertwined letters F and M. That means this proof was made at... the Franklin Mint.
uthminsta

Postby Z00 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:06 am

I have a 1966 Ni/Brass (KM 2)
4 KM59
2 KM59a
and 6 of the little ones (have to look up no.)
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 am

nice going on the pickup
fb101

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Neat! You can buy cents in a bag instead of rolled form? That would save time sorting by hand if all you have to do is dump them out!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby twentybux » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Very nice scores!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing