do you have to have an acct to get a box ?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

do you have to have an acct to get a box ?

Postby 97guns » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 pm

im pretty sure most banks are pretty laxed about this because ive had no problems getting boxes untill today. i went to ofA to pay my credit card and pick up a box of nickels and pennies. the lady took my payment and then when i asked her for the boxes she punched me into her computer and asked why i don't have an account with them. i then said well if you cant give me the coin no problem. she went to look and came back to tell me they just gave the last ones out. just wondering if this is bank policy, if it is then like i said its pretty laxed.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Re: do you have to have an acct to get a box ?

Postby thecam111 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:15 pm

The bank i have an account with i use as my dump bank. I get my pennies at a Citizens Bank which i dont have an account with. Ive gotten about 7 or 8 penny boxes there with no problem. i dont think it is bank policy, no one at citizens seems to ask.
thecam111
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Computer Jones » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Some times you win, some times you lose.
Always ask if you can order coin and don't go that Customer Service Rep, (Teller) again.

I get boxes ordered for me at places I don't have an account lots of times.
Wear a tie, be polite and show up when you say you will.
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby andrewjackson » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:35 am

8-) . Hi the cam 111, citizens bank could we be neighbors? Do you happen to live in a snowy little state not far from canadian border? I get my boxes from a bank that I have an open account with and dump them at a different bank.
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:55 am

Citizens Bank in my area...no account...no boxes. I keep trying and do get one by them every once and awhile! Just tried the day before yesterday...big time "NO"! Got rejected at 10 other branches of different banks, too! Then I went to my reliable Chase Bank, with no account there either, and scored a String box. Funny thing is that I got turned down by 3 other Chase branches that are closer to my house. Just roll the dice and ask. It's either yes or no. Good luck in your strategy!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thecam111 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 am

andrewjackson im in mass
thecam111
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 am

It all depends on the bank. Sometimes they require an account and sometimes they don't. One of my best supply banks I don't have any account with or have never done any business with yet they are so accommodating they do anything for me. Order what ever I want. Wheel the boxes of halves I get each week out to the car for me. They are so friendly they definitely have earned my business the next time I need a loan, or a savings or checking account.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing