Nice bank counter score.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Nice bank counter score.

Postby knibloe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 am

I went in to ny local branch yesterday to dump pennies. Most of the time , I check the reject bin before start. Yesterday, I did not. I got about $11.00 into the machine when I stuck my hand in the bin and pulled out two fist fulls of pennies. There is no way that they all came from my dump. Usually, there is maybe 5-10 coins per $10.

Here is what I brought home:

2 wheats
17 coppers
24 copper canadians
50 zn

There may have been more as I dumped the first fistfull into the tray on the machine before I realized what was going on.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Nice bank counter score.

Postby lockespop » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 pm

If that fell through to the reject bin, imagine what made it into the bag....

You should try to go in and buy a bag...yes you may get your dumps, but you also might get the bag from the person in front of you...
lockespop

Re: Nice bank counter score.

Postby knibloe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:23 pm

They had to change the bags when I was there. I eyeballed the bags pretty good. They looked normal. Besides I have asked if they would let me before and they said no. I did get permission from them to bring in two bags per week for drop off. No more dumping at the machine.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing