Zinc Dumping

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Zinc Dumping

Postby ROC » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm

How are most of you getting rid of your Zincs?

I personally have a rotation of banks that I dump my zincs.

But these banks I go to are getting lazy that they've been making up excuses like saying that the next time I can only bring in bags weighing under 25 lbs or that their vault doesn't have enough room.
ROC

Re: Zinc Dumping

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 am

Which So Cal banks are you able to drop off bags with? I know that BofA lets you do it but are there others that you know of? Almost all of them expect to have the coins rolled.

Oh, and welcome aboard!
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 am

more info please! what kind of quantity are you talking about?
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ROC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:Which So Cal banks are you able to drop off bags with? I know that BofA lets you do it but are there others that you know of? Almost all of them expect to have the coins rolled.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

I go to BoA's and a couple credit union's
ROC

Postby ROC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:40 pm

penny pretty wrote:more info please! what kind of quantity are you talking about?

Usually Six 45 pounders per branch
ROC

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 am

ROC wrote:
TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:Which So Cal banks are you able to drop off bags with? I know that BofA lets you do it but are there others that you know of? Almost all of them expect to have the coins rolled.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

I go to BoA's and a couple credit union's

Thanks for sharing. Even the credit union's here in So Cal charge fees to customers for using their coin counting machines. At least that's what I have found to be the case in OC. I'm still looking for a good credit union that will actually allow me to dump for free.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CopperHound » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 am

There are banks that will let you dump for free if you have an account. Small drops and small talk work best for me.
CopperHound

Postby baggerman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 am

I keep my dump bags at around 27 pounds which is right around $50. By doing this the tellers don't have to change bags while I wait.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mtldealer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:09 pm

I am in So Cal and I have found that it isn't so much about the bank (BofA, Wells ect) as much as it is about your relationship with the managers and tellers. I have a route that consists of pretty much every bank type from my work and back (5 for dumping) - I offer to drop off the night before their pick up and make sure to always be on my best behavior. When I was first starting, I called a bank that I had just started dumping at and ended up talking to the manager (I didnt know it was him) - The conversation wasn't a bad one it's just that I was pretty persistant... within a couple of days I got a call from someone at the bank saying they couldn't accomadate me any more. You always catch more bees with honey.
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing