doors closed window open

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

doors closed window open

Postby cacahg » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Went to 5 branches of my favorite pick up bank and was only able to get 4 boxes(2 skunks) but the head teller at 1 branch just ask me if I like to just set up a standing order. So I played the aww shucks bit and now I have an order every week at that branch.
cacahg

Re: doors closed window open

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 pm

I don't know if that is good during tornado season... might want to shut all the doors and windows!!! :lol:
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cacahg » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Reddirt can back me up on this. When I was a kid until the late 80s they said open windows to keep the pressure equal in the house. In the early 90s they said to stop doing that. I still see houses and hear stories every year that get hit and the walls left standing are the ones with open windows.
cacahg

Postby dannan14 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:57 pm

cacahg wrote:Reddirt can back me up on this. When I was a kid until the late 80s they said open windows to keep the pressure equal in the house. In the early 90s they said to stop doing that. I still see houses and hear stories every year that get hit and the walls left standing are the ones with open windows.

i've seen just the opposite, with intact houses having shut windows. Sounds like the reason that the recommendation changed was that there are a lot more factors than equalizing air pressure.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby cacahg » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Well my town has never had a touchdown east of Kelly ave. Wait a min. I live west of Kelly now. Guess I'll keep going underground.
cacahg

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:42 am

When I first visited to Missouri I was asked by my girlfriend's father to go buy a farm for him. It was raining like crazy that night. I went over to the Realtor's office to make the offer and found he could not run the computer or draft a contract (and he was a broker!). So just as I was sitting down to typed up my first American offer myself the tornado siren went off. Never having lived in a tornado zone before I asked what we should do and the broker just said to finish the contract so that's what I did. Got the deal too :) Later I went back to the house and we settled in the basement for a while.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing