My first 50

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

My first 50

Postby Bigsarge » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

Finally reached my first 50 Lbs.

Lesson learned: An empty pretzel jar will hold 50 lbs of pennies, it's harder to move than you realize.

Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

Oh, it looks good on you though.
Bigsarge
Penny Collector Member

Re: My first 50

Postby fasteddy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49 am

Cool Man, I remember when I sorted my first 50 lbs, it was a proud feeling....keep it up...find a container with a handle or use a 55 galllon drum and never ever move it.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 am

keep up with the sorting you will reach your goals
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JobIII » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 am

I think I started out with pretzel jugs as well! they turn out to be great return containers for zincs as well.

Congrats!
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

The question now becomes: can you eat another container full of pretzels before sorting the next 50lbs?

Much later, you'll have to weigh the health concerns of consuming 40 jars of pretzels per ton.

:P
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ZenOps » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 am

Congratz!

Yeah, metal is a lot denser and heavier once you've actually collected it. One ton of copper without airgaps should fit into a 47 centimeter cube, or for you american peeps, a cubic yard would be around 8 tons.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Postby Bigsarge » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks for the replies guys, I have 1 more pretzel container that I'm going to fill. I set it in the closet first this time. I'm not quite ready for the 55 Gallon drums yet, as it's just me, my wife, a 12 pack and my trusty Ryedele Sniper. I'm thinking about just getting some smaller pretzel containers, as I sure do love my pretzels. I only wish Cheez Puffs came in plastic jugs.

Anyways, off to the bank with a bag full of zincs I go, hi-ho

Happy sorting!
Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

Oh, it looks good on you though.
Bigsarge
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Neat! It's always nice to reach a goal of having a container filled. My first Tidy Cat container is almost full of nickels. I might have 1/3 as many in pennies currently...but that will be changing soon!

Or maybe I should find something see through....just so I can admire them without having to open the box??
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Bigsarge wrote: I only wish Cheez Puffs came in plastic jugs.
Happy sorting!

Check BJ's wholesale club or Sam's Club. I am pretty sure one of them has big tubs of cheese balls that are just like that pretzel tub that you have. My mother in law always has a big jug like that and my kids freak out for cheese balls every time we are over there. :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing