Finally, a wild IH

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Finally, a wild IH

Postby penny pretty » Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 pm

NICE! congrats. been searching junkyards awhile and STILL havent found a sweet 68 camaro :D
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Sat May 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Sweet Score!! I am still waiting for my 'first'.... :(
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sat May 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Nice score! It took me a while to find my first, but my "tribe" is now up to 4. The other day, I found two in $10 worth. That was definitely the luckiest I've been so far. They're still out there, but they're good at hiding. :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Congrats. I found two last month. One I found in the reject pile while sorting. The second I found in a bag of zincs that I was dumping. I suspect that it came out of the same bag of cents as the first one. but can't be certain.

They were after almost two years on a dry spell, so I can understand your excitment of finding it after so long searching.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 pm

I found my first a few days ago. You will find yourself looking at it and referring to it as your precious... this is normal. Hopefully I find another one soon. My chief will get lonely without a tribe.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 am

Congrats - it is weird that I'm only 60 miles away from you and I've found 4 in three years of searching, where I usually average $50-75 a month. You just never know I guess.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby My2Cents » Tue May 08, 2012 3:47 am

68Camaro wrote:
My2Cents wrote:As far fetched as it seems.... I found 2 in the same bank box after hand sorting just a couple hundred dollars worth.... and I got em here in Okinawa. Go figure.

But I'm glad you finally broke the barrier... maybe now they'll be plentiful for ya

I'm amazed at that. So what's the coin situation there? Is there new coin coming in to supply banks/payroll, or is it more same coin recirculating? Seems like it would tend to be more trapped there, but maybe not. How easy is it to get coin?

Sorry... I didn't subscribe to this thread...

Coin on island seems to be a mix of old/new. I'm of the impression that once coinage hits the island, it stays put. But the base exchange (BX) and every other vendor around, has stopped using the penny and have started 'penny rounding'. That's good for me since I get $600 a week from one of the banks here on Kadena. They have a whole vault full now of cents, and I'm culling every last copper one from that stack.... and when I'm done, I'll move on to the next bank on another base until I get em all :lol: :lol:

Funny thing is that I come across these bank boxes that have other peoples marks on them.... dash marks or initials.... (i'm the smiley face). These guys cull out the wheats and whatever else they find... but I get the real value.... all the copper.
Unfortunately, my Ryedale rejects the IH with the zincs and I'm not messing around with the sensitivity and re-running all the zinc just to get the very random (and rare) IH.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" Voltaire
My2Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing