National Geographic Television Opportunity

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

National Geographic Television Opportunity

Postby Ryedale » Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Hello All,

I'm putting out a feeler for penny hoarders/sorters sellers, that are actively sorting and selling. I have been contacted directly by NGT and the story they are trying to do is "Interesting or Unique" ways that people are making money. I think they are trying to find a medium to large volume sorter that is willing to allow NGT to peek in on their operation without fully exposing who they are and where they are from etc. They can be as discreet or open as you are willing.

If anyone is interested in this opportunity plese email me or contact me through the forum.
The woman from NGT's name is Brook, and seems like a wonderful person to deal with. She is looking for an answer or some good leads to give to her boss by Thursday this week (end of day) so if you have any interest in speaking with her, time is of the essence as they say.

I had her get ahold of C140Cessna (Todd) but he has not been actively sorting lately, and she's looking for somebody that is doing the activity currently, not somebody that has simply built a hoard and sitting on the sidelines.

I think if carefully presented, this could be good for the hobby/activity. I'm sure some will think otherwise.

Andy
Ryedale
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: National Geographic Television Opportunity

Postby cesariojpn » Tue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm

In before comments on robbery risk, the show "Doomsday Preppers," etc.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fasteddy » Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Andy why are you not seizing this opportunity to display and demonstrate your products on TV? Been on it a few times no big deal for me.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby fasTT » Tue May 08, 2012 8:22 pm

If she would cross the border, I could show her a neat operation.
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper » Tue May 08, 2012 8:26 pm

fasTT wrote:If she would cross the border, I could show her a neat operation.

let me know when shes there, I will come and buy a couple K of cents :D
Copper

Postby BCD11 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Andy, you should jump all over this as an opportunity to showcase your sorters!

You have the knowledge of CRH and the trust of the hobby's community. I could be wrong, but I don't think very many would think it wrong if you took advantage of this opportunity. Only downside I can see (for US NOT YOU) is more competition as people watching the show get all lathered up about CRH, buy sorters, and start sorting a bazillion pennies. Fun will be when it dawns on them that all of those Zincolns have to be dumped :shock:

GO FOR IT!!
BCD11
Penny Sorter Member

Postby $nack-Money » Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 pm

based off the replies from other similar threads, I would imagine that most people don't want you to assist in promotion or facilitate production for such a show. I, for one, do not. I imagine that other members here do not either. However, you are certainly a respected member of this site and not many are willing to be too forthcoming with their true feelings. Having stated my personal viewpoint on this, if I were you I would promote the show until everyone in the world was aware of CRH/ cent hoarding, as I would be in the business of selling Ryledales.

I know you never asked my opinion but I gave it anyways! lol. 1st time post but long time sorter and reader of this forum, which I devour on a daily basis! sorry it was a little bleak- $nack
$nack-Money
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Andy, I assume they have talked to highroller and want to find a smaller fish?

Another idea is talk to Jackson Metals about what they did in the past and why.

Keep us posted! ;)
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Ryedale » Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 am

$nack-Money wrote:based off the replies from other similar threads, I would imagine that most people don't want you to assist in promotion or facilitate production for such a show. I, for one, do not. I imagine that other members here do not either. However, you are certainly a respected member of this site and not many are willing to be too forthcoming with their true feelings. Having stated my personal viewpoint on this, if I were you I would promote the show until everyone in the world was aware of CRH/ cent hoarding, as I would be in the business of selling Ryledales.

I know you never asked my opinion but I gave it anyways! lol. 1st time post but long time sorter and reader of this forum, which I devour on a daily basis! sorry it was a little bleak- $nack

No problem, as stated, I know some are in favor, and know some are not. I am aprehensive to just showcase my product, as I just come off as grandstanding and selling. I agree with others too though, that I have tons of inside "insight" on the process, and how coins flow around.

A couple people have contacted me and I will be making a connection for them to Brook, so it's moving forward. As with anything, life is a bellcurve, with penny sorting, you have the very smallest scale of simply keeping the coppers you get in change, to the mega sorters like Highroller, and HCBTT. This activity has been going on for years and I believe a little higher awareness will only serve to help people that are already doing it, a bigger or stronger outlet for their copper sales. Those that are already in will just continue on, and others may get squeezed out. Agressive hoarders will find new ways to get coins. Overall it's a good thing I think. And ultimately I will sell a few sorters out of it. Usually after a higher awareness event, I have a peak and then a lull, people have short memories, and there are still those that think we are kook bags and will never sort those silly pennies, and thats ok too.
Ryedale
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PMLurker » Wed May 09, 2012 8:09 am

Is the focus of the television program on "making money"?

I think there are currently very few individuals who are "making money" at penny sorting. My definition of making money is when you sell something for a profit. Having a hoard of copper cents is speculation, as you do not "make money" until they are sold.

Certainly Ryedale is making money as they are selling a unique tool that many people have purchased in order to hoard copper coins. IMO It would be a good opportunity to promote the machine.
PMLurker
Penny Sorter Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes, that have contacted me already :)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed May 09, 2012 3:30 pm

highroller4321 wrote:Yes, that have contacted me already :)

AND..........................???????????????
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm

highroller4321 wrote:Yes, that have contacted me already :)

Adam, stop playing hard to get... ;) Sign up and take one for the team.....
Copper Catcher

Postby penny pretty » Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm

well more exposure might make the tellers that have seen me awhile look less amused when I ask for cents,and be in AWE at my foresight!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Wed May 09, 2012 8:24 pm

not for me, but will be cool to see another public story.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing