time machine

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

time machine

Postby penny pretty » Fri May 25, 2012 12:07 am

handsorted $20 in CWRs from a single pickup, all rolls the same type wrapper. after 2nd roll noticed a trend. decided to keep close notes on percentages. While not earth shattering, the latest date in all forty rolls was 1992. Most of the zincs seemed to be 1988. SO, if copper sorting was around 20 years ago, what would you find? were these wrappers sitting idle for that long? When were they wrapped? maybe you math wizards out there can use this to figure the declining rate of return. OK the percent is not as much as I thought, around 44(I counted every 2 1982s as one) but the strange variable is... NOT ONE WHEAT! I can easily get a roll RIFE with shields, and still get a wheat. Maybe I got some cents from a 1992 wheat sorter? Your thoughts, gentlemen..
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: time machine

Postby Rosco » Fri May 25, 2012 12:30 am

Just the luck of the run at least not too much Cat hair An other stuff :o

You can make a Stick balance, glue a zinc on one end small dowel in middle an test on other end if it drops its Copper :mrgreen:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Re: time machine

Postby penny pretty » Fri May 25, 2012 10:56 pm

have a scale, but dont weigh the 82. till can is full.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing