Bag Failure

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Bag Failure

Postby newton7 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 pm

When I started getting heavy in the sorting I bought a Ryedale and decided bags was the best way for me to go. Everyone is the same size, they all get the same count of coins and I can stack them like the US Mint does several layers high and keep an accurate count if needed. Time to sell, I can dish it out a bag at a time.

Then came the unexpected move and I discovered that this brand of bag started to fail at the red tape seams. I have had to replace half of my bags with true "Coin Lock" brand bags.

Just a FYI if your thinking of using bags. I got these from Bankers General Suppy and they were sold as "Coin Lock" bags but I think they use that as a general term to describe the item and not the brand.

Heads up everybody!

"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Bag Failure

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Recommend that you get bags rated as qualified for use by the Federal Reserve. (That regardless of what we may think of their policies.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Bag Failure

Postby jacer333 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

I moved my hoard into bags, for the same reasons you listed almost exactly. I opted for the "Fort Knox" brand from bank supplies . com and they have treated me very well. I stack them 10 bags high and they make the hoard look pretty neat.
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing