How do you guys get so many coins?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: How do you guys get so many coins?

Postby newton7 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:22 am

Shifty51,

I think we went to the same school of "how to get the coin university".
I use all the above but remove "old man" and insert "small child" and we are the same!

It really does work 99.9 percent of the time.

Good advice!
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 am

Shifty51 wrote:At the end of the day if you don't ask, the answer is always NO. So just go ask. If they say no you will probably never step foot in the place again and will never see the people who work there so who cares?

Excellent post Shifty! I see a lot of what I use in there. I agree with the first part of this last statement but have something to add to the last part. Don't resolve to "never step foot in the place again." Just wait a few weeks and try again. There are always personnel changes in the banking industry and you might just hit a friendly teller the next time you stop in, or you might get there right after someone turned in hundreds of dollars worth of pennies. Then you will be their friend for life because they don't have to ship. Eventually you work up to the point where they call you whenever large amounts of coin come in. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby chris6084 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
Shifty51 wrote:At the end of the day if you don't ask, the answer is always NO. So just go ask. If they say no you will probably never step foot in the place again and will never see the people who work there so who cares?

Excellent post Shifty! I see a lot of what I use in there. I agree with the first part of this last statement but have something to add to the last part. Don't resolve to "never step foot in the place again." Just wait a few weeks and try again. There are always personnel changes in the banking industry and you might just hit a friendly teller the next time you stop in, or you might get there right after someone turned in hundreds of dollars worth of pennies. Then you will be their friend for life because they don't have to ship. Eventually you work up to the point where they call you whenever large amounts of coin come in. :mrgreen:

I agree with hoard. Every time a bank talks about fees for getting coin, I say no thanks and walk out. I go back a month or two later to all new faces, and usually no mention of fees.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing