How many coins in a small flat rate shipping box

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

How many coins in a small flat rate shipping box

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:10 pm

The person who provides the best, most complete and most accurate answer to the following question will receive a prize of one silver Roosevelt dime!

The contest however, ends tomorrow at 10am Arizona time. Here's the question:

"How many 95% copper Lincoln pennies, or how many .999 pure Canadian nickels (1955-1981) can you fit in a small USPS flat rate box?"

I will of course be the judge of which answer is the best, most complete and most accurate :lol:

Questions, feedback and jokes are encouraged. Unfortunately, there can only be one winner. Good Luck :)
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Re: How many coins in a small flat rate shipping box

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Note: I'm asking for numbers of coins, not weight.
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Copper cents -- About $19.00 are 1900 coins.

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey you threw in some dimes!!! :lol:
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:50 pm

The volume of a us cent is .021967 cu inches

The inner dimensions of a SFRB is 75.3339438 cu in

If it were legal to do so, you would melt your cents into a bar 5.375X8.625X1.625 (the inner dimensinons of a SFRB)

It would take 3429.414294 cents to accomplish this.

$34.29 in cu cents.

Next question?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 pm

hobo finds wrote:Hey you threw in some dimes!!! :lol:

The photo is from a old thread and the coin star counted some cents as dimes see -http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Vb3lechVuIY/TO_sWpKsp5I/AAAAAAAAACQ/zGwGm8XUx2E/s640/P1070545.JPG
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:35 pm

henrysmedford wrote:
hobo finds wrote:Hey you threw in some dimes!!! :lol:

The photo is from a old thread and the coin star counted some cents as dimes see -http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Vb3lechVuIY/TO_sWpKsp5I/AAAAAAAAACQ/zGwGm8XUx2E/s640/P1070545.JPG

Hmmm...you just gave me an idea of how one might round off a small flat rate box full of coppers or nickels in order to create a mini-trading unit to rival the gigantic, heavy and incredibly cumbersome "CTU" 8-)
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby tinhorn » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Derek.Sheriff wrote:
henrysmedford wrote:Hmmm...you just gave me an idea of how one might round off a small flat rate box full of coppers or nickels in order to create a mini-trading unit to rival the gigantic, heavy and incredibly cumbersome "CTU" 8-)

That would be ten pounds avoirdupois. About 1475 coins, more or less, depending upon wear.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Machine rolling them will make them fit a little better. A small flat rate box will hold 38 rolls (1900 coins) :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Derek.Sheriff wrote: to create a mini-trading unit to rival the gigantic, heavy and incredibly cumbersome "CTU" 8-)

Hey, those regular CTU's aren't so heavy or cumbersome. You just throw one up on each shoulder and walk into the post office. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby deacon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Mini CTU has been created. Its a $18 face unit.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15134
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby iatetacos » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
Derek.Sheriff wrote: to create a mini-trading unit to rival the gigantic, heavy and incredibly cumbersome "CTU" 8-)

Hey, those regular CTU's aren't so heavy or cumbersome. You just throw one up on each shoulder and walk into the post office. :mrgreen:

hahaha i just laughed so hard. i'm sweating out of breath and falling through the door as it is when i go to ship one! how in the world can you carry two?? (i guess weighing 120 has alot to do with that though lol)
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:

I need the weight bearing exercise more than anyone! But I'm not getting any younger and what about our more senior realcent.org members, especially those of the...

OK, I better shut up before I get in trouble :lol:
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm

iatetacos wrote:
hahaha i just laughed so hard. i'm sweating out of breath and falling through the door as it is when i go to ship one! how in the world can you carry two?? (i guess weighing 120 has alot to do with that though lol)

:shock:
When I first read your name I pictured some fat guy with hot sauce stains on his shirt :lol:
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted an answer! After reviewing them all, I decided to award the silver dime to HoardCopperByTheTon!

I'm a little disappointed that no one posted anything about how many .999 Canadian nickels one can fit in a small FR USPS box. So maybe I'll have to ask that question in another section of the forum.

Anyway, if you are reading this HoardCopperByTheTon, send me a PM with your address. Thanks again ya'll!
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 am

Derek.Sheriff wrote:
I need the weight bearing exercise more than anyone! But I'm not getting any younger and what about our more senior realcent.org members, especially those of the...

OK, I better shut up before I get in trouble :lol:

Hey, I am one of those more senior members. It seems like lately, because of the low price.. members are buying 2 CTU's at a time. Hardly seems worthwhile to break the cart out and wheel them all the way down to the end of the street and up the ramp when you can just go up a few stairs and into the PO. Of course the trick is to have a little help pushing that second box up on your shoulder and opening the doors for you. Weight training consists of large pickups and regular $200 zinc dropoffs. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby NoCents » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm a little disappointed that no one posted anything about how many .999 Canadian nickels one can fit in a small FR USPS box.

I know it's a little late....How'bout it?

What was the #? :ugeek:
I like my guns the same way Obama likes is immigrants.....UNDOCUMENTED!!!!

NoCents User Feedback
NoCents
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing