quick question

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

quick question

Postby okjdawg » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:53 pm

do any of you buy wheat pennies or indian heads if so whats the best one you got and what do you pay
okjdawg

Re: quick question

Postby barrytrot » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Lots of people buy both. And, surprisingly this question is asked 5 times a month :)

The price depends on condition and rarity.

Numismedia can give you some general pricing info :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby okjdawg » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:03 pm

the reason i ask is because i found a place where i can buy wheats for 3 cents a piece and indian heads for 1 dollar each i actually just got a couple of really old ones i got a 1859 , 1860 ,1861 all for a dollar a piece
okjdawg

Postby Sheba » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Just a guess from a very 'non-expert' person ... but I think if you can buy wheats at .03, they are probably dated mostly from 40s and 50s. If they are dated from the 10s and 20s and are in good condition selling for .03 per penny, let the rest of us know where :lol:

Those dates, if they are clean, non-damaged indians in good condition (won't see any letters on the head band of the indian, but there also won't be scratches, pits or corrosion to rate as a clean 'G') are a very good buy at 1.00 per penny.

IMHO only. Experts may have much better guides for you. :)
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing