Headaches, anyone?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Headaches, anyone?

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am

Could just be lack of sleep combined with dehydration (both of which can do it for me, much less together), but has anyone ever noticed a tendency for headaches 6-12 hours after a lot of cent sorting?

Had a bad one last night after a half-day of sorting yesterday. Think I've noticed a pattern, but not sure. Just thought I'd ask. Wondering if I'm absorbing too much of something either through the skin or in the air.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Headaches, anyone?

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16 am

eyeball fatigue maybe?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:30 am

Are you wearing ear protection when running?
Copper Catcher

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 am

Could be eye fatigue, true. Good point. I often get headaches from too much computer use (and I probably need to get my prescription re-checked again).

The Rydale is running in a adjacent room, typically, while I hand-sort the coppers from the previous bucket to pull ugly abes, wheats, and canadians, so noise should't be the issue.

Thanks for the comments!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby mbailey1234 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:59 am

Rodebaugh wrote:eyeball fatigue maybe?

I notice this if I sort through the coppers for wheaties. That and I am kind of leaned forward with my head hanging a little which tends to strain the back of my neck more than usual. Much better job for a set of 7 year old eyes. I swear he can see a wheat penny from across the room. :thumbup:

No problem if just sorting with the Ryedale. I used to sit in front of it when it's running but that thing is LOUD!
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mtldealer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:17 am

68Camaro wrote:Could just be lack of sleep combined with dehydration (both of which can do it for me, much less together), but has anyone ever noticed a tendency for headaches 6-12 hours after a lot of cent sorting?

Had a bad one last night after a half-day of sorting yesterday. Think I've noticed a pattern, but not sure. Just thought I'd ask. Wondering if I'm absorbing too much of something either through the skin or in the air.

Thank you so much for posting this... Now I don't feel so crazy. I always was worried at is was from whatever "crap" is covering all the pennies ie... Dirt, grime, I don't even want to kno what. P.S. I've probably got a long way to go before im considered "Normal" :-)
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:30 am

It could be neck strain as well, especially if the headaches are in the back of the head or at the base of the skull. However, I agree with Rodebaugh that eye strain is the most likely culprit.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:21 am

theo wrote:It could be neck strain as well, especially if the headaches are in the back of the head or at the base of the skull. However, I agree with Rodebaugh that eye strain is the most likely culprit.

Last night it was a sharp pain (with a deep muscle cramp) at the left base of my skull, and a stabbing pain in my left eyesocket and upper left sinus area. Yep, I bet it's eye and neck strain. Thanks all!
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 am

68Camaro wrote:
theo wrote: a sharp pain (with a deep muscle cramp) at the left base of my skull, and a stabbing pain in my left eyesocket and upper left sinus area.

Gee, Rich... makes me want to start sorting again! :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 pm

beauanderos wrote:
68Camaro wrote:
theo wrote: a sharp pain (with a deep muscle cramp) at the left base of my skull, and a stabbing pain in my left eyesocket and upper left sinus area.

Gee, Rich... makes me want to start sorting again! :lol:

Right! :roll: :lol:
68Camaro

Postby tinhorn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:43 pm

68Camaro wrote:The Rydale is running in a adjacent room

Not that I'm unsympathetic to your pain, but how do you keep it from jamming?
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:13 pm

tinhorn wrote:
68Camaro wrote:The Rydale is running in a adjacent room

Not that I'm unsympathetic to your pain, but how do you keep it from jamming?

It does jam, but I'm (normally) close enough to run to it and stop it before they run over. I also keep it clean/lubed enough so that some of the jams that might happen don't happen. (Doesn't stop the bent coin or UK cent however.)
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm running 100 face tonight while the wife is out, as I type this, and a jam just happened in fact. A full cleaning was about 200 face ago - I do mini-cleanings in between, and just cleaned the chute with blaster and the outlet with q-tips. Running again, working on the end of the bucket.
68Camaro

Postby Engineer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Referred pain from neck strain via the craniofacial nerves?

I really have to watch my posture while hand sorting, or I pay for it the next day.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 pm

I handsort head bent over a piece of cardboard on the table. neck was killing me. put a thick phone book under the cardboard to bring the whole process closer to eye level. As for computer eye strain, I have gunnar optics glasses. It sounds silly, but these glasses have helped!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Sounds like Rich might be as old as Ray

I wear the big headphone type hearing protection. They are about $10 at Walmart. I like them because they are harder to lose.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 am

slickeast wrote:Sounds like Rich might be as old as Ray

Wow. Truth is now out. Yep, I am almost as old as Ray! :) But not quite. I would still have to call him sir. :lol:
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 am

slickeast wrote:Sounds like Rich might be as old as Ray

I wear the big headphone type hearing protection. They are about $10 at Walmart. I like them because they are harder to lose.

You like them because they are cheap. You probably even waited until they had a price drop before you would grudgingly pay with your zincs. I thought I recognized you in one of those Walmart people pics! :lol:

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing