Another stupid Craigslist reply

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Another stupid Craigslist reply

Postby baggerman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

I post on Craigslist to sell or trade pennies as many here do or have tried. I get flagged, cusssed at etc. Here is the latest email I received and my response. I just don't get people sometimes.

Received:
Copper will be down to $1.50 a pound in 3 years why are you trying to take advantage of people they will never take down the band for melting coins they will never and never have ?... Stop posting this crap you know it's fake

Sent Back:
First of all I do not believe you will see $1.50 a pound copper in 3 years, $600 gold or $15 an ounce silver in your lifetime. As far as the melt ban goes they melt U.S.A silver coins EVERY DAY in this country (try educating yourself) and I believe copper is not far behind. I am not trying to take advantage of anyone (ever heard of Capitalism?) nor am I forcing anyone to make any decisions. If you want to invest your money in paper dollars that you can use for toilet paper in the near future go ahead that is your choice, I choose not to.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_melting_silver_coins_legal
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Another stupid Craigslist reply

Postby HPMBTT » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Yep, the guy who answered you is an idiot (or at the very least, uninformed). Heck, I wouldn't have even wasted the time and responded to his stupid reply to begin with! I don't educate ANYONE (unless I meet them in person and they have a genuine interest in the topic etc, seem educated and can, in turn, educate me on something).

Some people just don't get it and they never will. Try not to let it get to you. It's his loss anyway and your gain. Hang in there and keep stacking.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Here is a link for all the Craiglist in the USA for penny listings. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=penny&as_epq=&as_oq=cent+1982+Bullion&as_eq=nike++sneakers+green+Eggplant+gumball++Air&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=craigslist.org&as_occt=any&safe=off&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=#q=penny+cent+OR+1982+OR+Bullion+-nike+-sneakers+-green+-Eggplant+-gumball+-Air+site:craigslist.org&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&as_qdr=all&prmd=imvns&ei=SRNiUI37M-aLjALT3YHoAw&start=50&sa=N&fp=1&biw=1600&bih=650&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&cad=b&sei=Mb5iULOdCer3iwK5vYGQAw
Love this one-- http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/wan/3293089861.html

WANTED: Pre-1982 Pennies
Date: 2012-09-24, 9:24AM PDT
pvc2k-3293089861@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Wanted pre-1982 pennies. I will pay $0.02 per penny. So double your money instead of dumping them in the coinstar machine! Thank you.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3293089861
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thripp » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:42 pm

A lot of people on Craigslist are like that. Ebay is better -- even with all the fees I still get more than the $140 shipped I would get here or what I would get on Craigslist.
thripp
Penny Sorter Member

Postby ceddy2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Why on earth would anyone waste their time posting a critical remark about what another person is offering in the market place? Apparently some people have surplus time on their hands.
ceddy2

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 pm

ceddy2 wrote:Why on earth would anyone waste their time posting a critical remark about what another person is offering in the market place? Apparently some people have surplus time on their hands.

they probably want to sell the same item... at a higher price :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby baggerman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 am

beauanderos wrote:
ceddy2 wrote:Why on earth would anyone waste their time posting a critical remark about what another person is offering in the market place? Apparently some people have surplus time on their hands.

they probably want to sell the same item... at a higher price :lol:

Usually when that is the case I just get flagged :lol:
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mongo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:06 am

Its OK theres people like that guy out there. Its just more coin for people like us to sort through.

Sort on and keep stacking
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing