Solid boxes

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Solid boxes

Postby thripp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 am

I was wondering if a lot of you are finding almost solid boxes of copper pennies that weigh over 17 lbs? I found a few last week and 12 so far this week. They are always Brinks MWR in the clear plastic rolls, so you can tell they are all old from looking at them, and the boxes are heavier than usual. I am wondering if these are the leftovers from the $5 million contract that was cancelled midway?
thripp
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Solid boxes

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:10 am

Wow. No! I want some of them!

Your guess would be the only explanation I have.

I've got some boxes waiting for me at the bank. I can only hope!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby slvrbck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:15 am

Where are you located?
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby thripp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 am

slvrbck wrote:Where are you located?

Daytona Beach, FL.

I have gotten some solid 2012 boxes too. But more solid copper boxes, fortunately!
thripp
Penny Sorter Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:18 am

Time to stock up to the max. Sort the boxes with a scale and stack them up.. then go get some more. Solid copper boxes should weigh about 17.1 pounds. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby NHsorter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:32 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Time to stock up to the max. Sort the boxes with a scale and stack them up.. then go get some more. Solid copper boxes should weigh about 17.1 pounds. :mrgreen:

+1

I would just stack up the 17 pound boxes for now and spend my time buying more boxes instead of sorting them. If you can get an abundance of these, that would be great. Heck, I would bring my scale with me in the back of my truck and weigh them as I drive from branch to branch. Dump the light boxes as you go. Buy up all the 17+ ones that you can get your hands on. I am jealous!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 am

Notice any higher percentage of wheats in them?
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thripp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks guys! That's what I've been doing, just labeling them as 17+ lbs and not sorting them. I have just been getting these in the boxes I normally order each week. Pretty sweet!
thripp
Penny Sorter Member

Postby spacemanX » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm

congrats, i just got a few of those good rolls, but they were loose.
keep searching
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing