Today's rolls

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Today's rolls

Postby NYSorter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Hand sorter here...generally pick up $10 in pennies when I get to the bank and have some free time.

Hit two banks today...the first $10 was nothing exceptional - 22.8% copper and 9 wheats.

The second $10...the first two rolls I pulled out of the bank bag had wrappers printed with "Manufacturers Hanover Bank" on them. That bank was bought 20+ years ago and I think is now part of Chase. Those rolls had 72% 1981 and prior with nothing later than 1983. Surprisingly enough, no wheats...guess that group of pennies was searched for wheats. No wheats there, but then I came across 8 rolls of 100% wheat pennies...mostly 1935-1958...a few common Phillys from the late teens and twenties...best of the bunch was a 1910 in VG-F condition. Guess someone disposed of a hoard unintentionally...thanks, appreciated it.
NYSorter

Re: Today's rolls

Postby sparechange » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Congrats on the great find. Always fun to find solid rolls of wheats, especially that many.Keep sorting, stacking, hoarding. :thumbup:
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby duane1966 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:06 pm

If that bank is close I think I would go back and see if they still have some of the same rolls.
duane1966
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I have found a few 100% rolls with no wheats, same roller seems like they just took an old stash and separated them out. cant complain, but the fun begins when you find rolls that were wrapped 35 years ago.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:07 pm

NYSorter wrote:Hand sorter here...generally pick up $10 in pennies when I get to the bank and have some free time.

Hit two banks today...the first $10 was nothing exceptional - 22.8% copper and 9 wheats.

The second $10...the first two rolls I pulled out of the bank bag had wrappers printed with "Manufacturers Hanover Bank" on them. That bank was bought 20+ years ago and I think is now part of Chase. Those rolls had 72% 1981 and prior with nothing later than 1983. Surprisingly enough, no wheats...guess that group of pennies was searched for wheats. No wheats there, but then I came across 8 rolls of 100% wheat pennies...mostly 1935-1958...a few common Phillys from the late teens and twenties...best of the bunch was a 1910 in VG-F condition. Guess someone disposed of a hoard unintentionally...thanks, appreciated it.

:lol: :lol:

IT"S NEVER UNINTENTIONAL ;) :wave:

Someone help me out here. How did NYsorter's wheats wind up at the bank?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Thogey wrote:

:lol: :lol:

IT"S NEVER UNINTENTIONAL ;) :wave:

Someone help me out here. How did NYsorter's wheats wind up at the bank?

Here is your help in your own words--
henrysmedford wrote:I like how Thogey put it when thing like this happens--
old elderly widow brings in the rest of her, probably happily, dead husband's coins.

What the hell is wrong with these women? No wonder the man wants to die first.

I found some more great Thogeyisms --

The proverbial elderly old widow who just finished pile driving her old man into the grave. He's happy to be there too. But since she is all-knowing, as all these old bats are, and he was totally broken and emasculated, her final act of victory was to take his collection to the bank. Same old story....

And --
Same old story. Most of us have benifited and picked up someone's hard earned booty.

It's always the "all knowing, never wrong" widow who just drove the old man into the grave, he's glad to be there too.

The old broad cashed in his coins at face. Same old story.

and --
The elderly old widow left another present. She's still wondering why that stupid old bastard kept those coins for the past 45 years.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Thogeyisms -- :clap: :thumbup:
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing