Coinstar Capacity

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Coinstar Capacity

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Not sure about one bin for clad and one for pennies.

I took about $300 face in pennies along with another $50 in metal detecting :thumbup: clad (yes I cleaned the dirt off) finds. About 3/4 through the machine stops dead like something happened. I thought some of my MD finds jammed it up. But I would say the machine was switching bins or buckets or whatever you guys call it. Because after it started back up you could hear the coins dropping into an empty container. The sound was as different as night and day!

I'm pretty sure it all goes together, pennies and clad!

My opinion, though.

I've been wrong before.........once! :thumbup:
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:59 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Not sure about one bin for clad and one for pennies.

I took about $300 face in pennies along with another $50 in metal detecting :thumbup: clad (yes I cleaned the dirt off) finds. About 3/4 through the machine stops dead like something happened. I thought some of my MD finds jammed it up. But I would say the machine was switching bins or buckets or whatever you guys call it. Because after it started back up you could hear the coins dropping into an empty container. The sound was as different as night and day!

I'm pretty sure it all goes together, pennies and clad!

My opinion, though.

I've been wrong before.........once! :thumbup:

In one of the Modern Marvels "Coin Operated" episodes, they do go to a "contractor" that receives and counts the coins from the bins. They pretty much dump the mixed contents into a hopper, and a machine mechanically sorts out the coins by denomination, which then counts them for rolls or bags.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 am

cesariojpn wrote:
In one of the Modern Marvels "Coin Operated" episodes, they do go to a "contractor" that receives and counts the coins from the bins. They pretty much dump the mixed contents into a hopper, and a machine mechanically sorts out the coins by denomination, which then counts them for rolls or bags.

Iey, I have some of those machines. Now if I could just get them to deliver those bins. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 am

I have been known to fill up the first bin with something other than pennies. You can clearly hear when it switches to the second bin and starts droppig the mixed coin into it. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I have been known to fill up the first bin with something other than pennies. You can clearly hear when it switches to the second bin and starts droppig the mixed coin into it. :mrgreen:

Almost sounds like it broke!!!! :shock:
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:

Iey, I have some of those machines. Now if I could just get them to deliver those bins. :mrgreen:

I have one idea: Contact Coinstar and offer to service the bins in exchange to say, pay for the free count for store credit for the stores they are in.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

cesariojpn wrote:
HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:

I have one idea: Contact Coinstar and offer to service the bins in exchange to say, pay for the free count for store credit for the stores they are in.

Coinstar requires a minimum of a $1,000,000 insurance umbrella as well as many other things.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby cesariojpn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:23 am

highroller4321 wrote:Coinstar requires a minimum of a $1,000,000 insurance umbrella as well as many other things.

First Born and Vouchers for 5 hookers?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing