NIGHTLINE PENNY STORY AIRING TONIGHT!!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: NIGHTLINE PENNY STORY AIRING TONIGHT!!!

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:44 am

I showed this to my wife and her and I had the same though. I hope Joe has those pennies stored somewhere other than the shed out back. Your featured on national TV...no telling who is going to be looking you up. Enjoyed seeing the peice but please make sure you take care of OPSEC.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 am

Andrew Jackson wrote:8-)
As I said from the beginning this will hurt sorting efforts. Seems like many that view this in a positive light are just in need of therapy to assure them that they are not allone in sorting. Aw shucks they did not even mention Realcent on the segment. Come on children please grow up. Look Dad Look mom I'm on TV and there showing the family armored car business we're famous! They even mentioned how many pennies we have. O boy this will boost my sales for sure. I'm famous "for a day" an then your miscalculation screws up the sorting efforts for all of us. Rember children like I said loose lips sink ships. I just can't understand why you you are so hell-bent at sinking your own!!!!!!!!!

Wait, who's in need of therapy? :lol: Talking down to peers and calling them "children" on an online forum is much more of an ego trip than using free media coverage to promote your business. Who would pass up such an opportunity?

Obviously nobody wants to sink their own ship, but what's the point of sorting copper pennies if there's no market to sell them? They are trading for half of melt right now, when they should be trading within a few percent of spot like junk silver does. The only way to get there from here is to develop the market.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Andrew Jackson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:44 am

No disrespect NH sorter but I have been a member since 2009 the password had gotten messed up and screwed up the joined date. I see that joined this year welcome to the forum.
Andrew Jackson

Postby tractorman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Andrew Jackson wrote:As I said from the beginning ...

Yes, you've said it before. *yawn*
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SteelCityCopper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:12 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:I showed this to my wife and her and I had the same though. I hope Joe has those pennies stored somewhere other than the shed out back. Your featured on national TV...no telling who is going to be looking you up. Enjoyed seeing the peice but please make sure you take care of OPSEC.

I was thinking the same thing. I also saw a bunch of posts under the Yahoo article commenting on location, security, etc. Kinda scary man. Take care of yourself. May want to adjust the hoard % a bit... 25% lead, 75% copper. The internet is a great thing for learning, business, communication, etc. but we give up so much for those luxuries.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby njoElec » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Congrats to Joe, Frank and Adam! - I absolutely loved the show!!
njoElec
Penny Sorter Member

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Andrew Jackson wrote:As I said from the beginning this will hurt sorting efforts.

It's hard to tell. I think in the long run, barring any unexpected melt ban lifting and geopolitical events, the story and it's follow-ups will not screw us dedicated folks.

Think of the time and effort we put into our "hobby." Some people have enormous setups burning thru boxes of pennies per day; some of us have a Ryedale; some of us have nothing more than a kitchen table, a box cutter, and two plastic bins. Now think of the average joe. Many are either gonna dismiss this as bunk, or will get discouraged when they find out the potential "Get Rich Quick" aspect isn't worth it. Very few people will dedicate themselves to sorting in any capacity.

Example: Portland Mint sells $100 in copper pennies for $176 bucks. Sounds like a sure fire way to get rich, right?

To even attain $100 in copper, I figure aside from the freak chance someone dumps Grandpa's old penny hoard to the bank, going on say a 20% hit rate per $100 of pennies gone thru, you'd need to get at least $500 in pennies to attain $100 in copper pennies.

That right there is a sure sign that people will get ridiculously disgusted at the whole deal and quit.

Of course we're gonna have new folks that will dedicate a Sunday afternoon going thru a box and thats fine.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:04 am

Andrew Jackson wrote:No disrespect NH sorter but I have been a member since 2009 the password had gotten messed up and screwed up the joined date. I see that joined this year welcome to the forum.

Than you have done little to contribute here and yet every post of yours I've read is insulting to others and ill-considered. Want to leave?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 pm

So I am at the bank making a deposit for work and in the deposit there were four new cents that I pointed out. A that point the teller who was new said I think they cost more then a cent to make. Then he went on to say that the older one were worth more and that some "nut-ball" around here had buckets full of them. He said he had seen it on TV. :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jacer333 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 am

henrysmedford wrote:So I am at the bank making a deposit for work and in the deposit there were four new cents that I pointed out. A that point the teller who was new said I think they cost more then a cent to make. Then he went on to say that the older one were worth more and that some "nut-ball" around here had buckets full of them. He said he had seen it on TV. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap:
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Did you ask if he wanted an autograph?
Nutball. Wow.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RichardPenny43 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Hey nutball,
You should get a t-shirt made with this logo
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:36 am

RichardPenny43 wrote:Hey nutball,

+1 I agree, too funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 am

RichardPenny43 wrote:Hey nutball,

:clap:

I was thinking he'd never live down the nutball comment! :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CopperForLife » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Just watched it on my DVR. Simply mindblowing. I may need to quit looking for silver and ramp up my copper drive!
CopperForLife

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing