odd roll

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

odd roll

Postby penny pretty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:54 pm

As a handsorter of CWRs I have seen everything from skunks, to 100%. But this was a little strange. I see 2012s, but not so much to affect my percentage. So I get 7 2012s in this roll.... and 8 WHEATS! I have found more wheats in a roll, but always a freaky thing from a collection or something. I know its not an exciting find, but does anyone else find it ODD to find new and old wrapped by someone?
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: odd roll

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Yes one copper cent and one Canadian in $50 the rest 2012-D see --http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18442
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheba » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm a hand sorter as well. And though I have never had your experience of all 2012s except for 8 wheaties, I guess I (and probably all of us) would be happy to take 8 wheaties in one .50 roll no matter what else was in the roll :D! Congratualtions! I am happy if I average 10-12 wheaties per $25 box. No bank around here, that I know of, sells CWRs. One or two banks sometimes sell BWRs, but usually banks sell boxes that are Loomis or N.F. String and Sons pre-rolled boxes.

Once in a great while, a nice older wheat (pre-40) pops up, but mostly I am now finding just 40-58 wheaties. It seems that a few years ago (3 or 4) I was finding more in the teens and 20s as well as it not being uncommon to find mint-marked ones in those date ranges. That has noticeably changed for me, though I am still getting 28-30 % copper and about 10-12 wheats per box on average. But then, being a hand sorter, I don't do too many boxes :D
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 am

If I am rolling to turn in... I sometimes make "odd rolls" on pourpose... 49 shinny 2012s with one beat up post 82
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 am

Sheba wrote:I'm a hand sorter as well. And though I have never had your experience of all 2012s except for 8 wheaties, I guess I (and probably all of us) would be happy to take 8 wheaties in one .50 roll no matter what else was in the roll :D! Congratualtions! I am happy if I average 10-12 wheaties per $25 box. No bank around here, that I know of, sells CWRs. One or two banks sometimes sell BWRs, but usually banks sell boxes that are Loomis or N.F. String and Sons pre-rolled boxes.

Once in a great while, a nice older wheat (pre-40) pops up, but mostly I am now finding just 40-58 wheaties. It seems that a few years ago (3 or 4) I was finding more in the teens and 20s as well as it not being uncommon to find mint-marked ones in those date ranges. That has noticeably changed for me, though I am still getting 28-30 % copper and about 10-12 wheats per box on average. But then, being a hand sorter, I don't do too many boxes :D
let me be more precise. I am a credit union member. for some reason they do NOT have boxes. all their pennies are from customers it seems. I have banked there for six years, and have only been doing the penny thing for 2. I have done a few boxes from other sources, but the CWRs always seem to have more suprises! may the SORT be with you!!!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing