Semi-trailer loaded with copper plates

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Semi-trailer loaded with copper plates

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Saw this truck yesterday morning while we were on the way out of the Florida panhandle; a flat bed loaded with pallets of copper electrode plate.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (130.86 KiB) Viewed 797 times
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Semi-trailer loaded with copper plates

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Police in Tampa are reporting the hijacking of a semi-trailer loaded with copper electrode plate. The driver was surprised because the thieves left him with all his paper money in his wallet. "They actually made me pull out all my pocket change and checked the pennies...said something about 1982 or earlier," remarked the visibly shaken driver. Film at 11.

www.tampanews.com/truck_driver_copper/html
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Police in Tampa are reporting the hijacking of a semi-trailer loaded with copper electrode plate. The driver was surprised because the thieves left him with all his paper money in his wallet. "They actually made me pull out all my pocket change and checked the pennies...said something about 1982 or earlier," remarked the visibly shaken driver. Film at 11.

http://www.tampanews.com/truck_driver_copper/html

i clicked the link :oops:
TXBullion

Postby bman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 am

Am thinking of switching from penny sorting, to electrode plate sorting! any storage ideas, or the dumping of any zinc plates I find? :shifty:
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 am

shinnosuke wrote:Police in Tampa are reporting the hijacking of a semi-trailer loaded with copper electrode plate. The driver was surprised because the thieves left him with all his paper money in his wallet. "They actually made me pull out all my pocket change and checked the pennies...said something about 1982 or earlier," remarked the visibly shaken driver. Film at 11.

You guys are just too darn funny.... :D :o :mrgreen:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm

TXBullion wrote:

i clicked the link :oops:

Oh, darn! After I read your post.... I had to do it, too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Every now and then I will see a flat bed semi going east bound on I-44. These semis will have on their trailer a single bar of metal on them. It is about 30 feet long, about 12 inches thick, and maybe 16 inches in width. They are a very dark brown color except for the two ends. The ends look exactly like polished copper!!!

I have been tempted to follow one of those semis and wait for the driver to make a pit stop. I would like to learn about those bars. I would like to ask the driver what those bars are and where are they headed, but what would I say??? "STICK'EM UP!!" ;)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mongo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:35 pm

The trailer is no doubt heading towards Adam Youngs warehouse. Why? Because HE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby scyther » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 am

mongo wrote:The trailer is no doubt heading towards Adam Youngs warehouse. Why? Because HE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: Adam must be hungry...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Every now and then I will see a flat bed semi going east bound on I-44. These semis will have on their trailer a single bar of metal on them. It is about 30 feet long, about 12 inches thick, and maybe 16 inches in width. They are a very dark brown color except for the two ends. The ends look exactly like polished copper!!!

I have been tempted to follow one of those semis and wait for the driver to make a pit stop. I would like to learn about those bars. I would like to ask the driver what those bars are and where are they headed, but what would I say??? "STICK'EM UP!!" ;)

Get some flashy lights for your car and some sort of uniform...then ask all the questions you want. :mrgreen:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 am

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 am

Wanna bet everyone will think your link is fake too?? :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:07 am

They mentioned hand carts. Has anyone heard for Hoard lately??? :o :shock: :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 am

I have an alibi.. Um.. I was sorting. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby CU Baker » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I have an alibi.. Um.. I was sorting. :mrgreen:

Isn't that the same alibi he used when the banks were robbed out there. :o :shock: :lol: :lol:
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby willy13 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 am

Police in Tampa are reporting the hijacking of a semi-trailer loaded with copper electrode plate. The driver was surprised because the thieves left him with all his paper money in his wallet. "They actually made me pull out all my pocket change and checked the pennies...said something about 1982 or earlier," remarked the visibly shaken driver. Film at 11.

www.tampanews.com/truck_driver_copper/html

FUNNY STUFF! :lol:
willy13
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NDFarmer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Around here they are telling people to mount their heat pumps and central air units on their roof tops so the units are harder to get at because the units are being wrecked by people tearing them apart and taking out the copper.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jacks2start » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 am

man sure wish those trucks would hurry up and get to my house
jacks2start
Penny Sorter Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 am

jacks2start wrote:man sure wish those trucks would hurry up and get to my house

You know of course that they are going to be empty by the time they get there? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby silverhedgehog » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 am

When sorting percentages are too low, you just have to order up the sheet stock and make your own.
silverhedgehog
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing