Maybe we should be holding on to our zincolns

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Maybe we should be holding on to our zincolns

Postby creshka46 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I found this article about future zinc prices while I was browsing around and thought I'd share. If this is true, we might be ryedale sorting zincs from steelies in 10-15 years! Wouldn't that be ironic!

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2012/06 ... c-shortage
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Maybe we should be holding on to our zincolns

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 pm

If you look up "ironic"in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Adam Youngs sorting zinc in 10-15 years.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby creshka46 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 pm

:lol: At least we know that Realcent will still be alive and strong in 10-15 years even after all the copper is gone. I can just imagine the newcomers: "I hit a GOLD MINE last night in my penny box, 36% zinc and 15 coppers, WOOHOO!" and all us seasoned veterans will be able to say "Boy that ain't nothin, I remember the days when......." :D
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 pm

shinnosuke wrote:If you look up "ironic"in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Adam Youngs sorting zinc in 10-15 years.

:lol: :clap: Post of the day. :thumbup:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 pm

shinnosuke wrote:If you look up "ironic"in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Adam Youngs sorting zinc in 10-15 years.

Now thats funny, well played Shin.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks guys. On a day when even Time magazine is reporting that the Obama Admin is talking about absorbing all the 401(k)s, I encouraged by the thought that maybe they'll allow us to keep our zinc pennies...if we bury them, real deep, maybe.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing