PEANUTS!!!!....

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

PEANUTS!!!!....

Postby ffej » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:11 pm

I always have to find ways of hiding thousands of empty brinks plastic coin rolls in my trash. I don't want the trash guys or anybody else to know what I do. Once a bag broke and hundreds of condom looking coin rollers littered my neighbors yard, I had to explain to the dear old lady what they were and what they definitely were not :oops: :lol:

I've been storing thousands of them waiting to figure something out, then it came to me when I was shipping something and didn't have any packing materials...The made perfect packing peanuts and kept moderate lightweight stuff from rattling around. I only use them when I ship to family and friends.
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Re: PEANUTS!!!!....

Postby baggerman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:31 pm

I burn all my wrappers so they don't end up in the trash. I live inside city limits so I burn them in a small popcorn can in the back yard.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby adagirl » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Yow might consider shredding the paper wrappers. You could use it as packaging material or compost the shredded paper around shrubs,trees, etc. :D
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:40 pm

I live in the boonies and heat my house partially with wood...needless to say, I don't need a shredder for all the junk mail I get!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:52 pm

adagirl wrote:Yow might consider shredding the paper wrappers. You could use it as packaging material or compost the shredded paper around shrubs,trees, etc. :D

Me too. I shred and compost. Funny, I never thought about trash men wanting to rob you if they find coin wrappers in the trash. That was dumb on my part. I just like to compost as much as I can.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CU Baker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:06 pm

My garbage man is a good friend of the family. He will stop in for coffee, help load zinc in the car to take back to the bank and come in and look at the new finds I have made. He is quite use to the bags of coin wrappers going into the truck. :P
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ffej » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:14 pm

I live in the sticks, we have trash/garbage pickup twice a week, I set out about one walmart bag once every two weeks....all metal is money ( it goes to the scrapper ), all paper is burned or composted, the only thing I set out is plastic.... As far as my garbage men I'm sure they are great guys, but it's their cousins I worry about... :-()
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:11 pm

All of the wrappers, plastic or paper, get recycled as packing material. Nothing ever makes it to the trash.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 pm

I stuff them into those free Tyvek bags and make packing pillows for when I am shipping less than a full CTU. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby knibloe » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:08 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:I live in the boonies and heat my house partially with wood...needless to say, I don't need a shredder for all the junk mail I get!

The empty paper ones I get go in our wood stove as well. I hate it when I throw one in and hear a clinking noise.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Cent1225 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Do the pennies come out of the wood stove? If so, what do they look like?
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:44 am

All my boxes and wrappers are either burned in my woodstove or firepit. Not too much trash makes it out of here either.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby crazypennyguy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:01 am

I throw mine in the recucle bin and then they're gone.
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby knibloe » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Cent1225 wrote:Do the pennies come out of the wood stove? If so, what do they look like?

The fire never goes out and I never sort throught the hot ashes. I haven't seen one come out. Maybe I should metal detect the ash piles in the garden before I plow this spring.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:49 pm

OK peanuts, Ill help ya out here..if ya got
thousands of plastic rollers burn them, and breathe the fumes. for security reasons, I will need to know your stash location, and your SSN wont hurt.... :D
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DirtyFingers » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:56 pm

For the most part I sort $25 dollar bags but occasionally I do a Brinks box or two. I stuff the plastic hulls in a
Walmart bag or two and drop them off at their plastic bag recycle bin. Let them deal with it. :mrgreen:
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby tedandcam » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:11 am

my wife has about 75 x mas stockings hanging in our foyer ... she wanted to make some of them "poofy"...guess what this McGyver used for filler...thank you brinks!
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Later » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 am

im a picker. all though ive moved out of vintage glass, this is true!
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ffej » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 am

Some people call me paraniod, but without going into much detail, I have done hundreds of " garbage pulls " in a previous career...A extremely accurate profile of a person (s ) can be made by what you throw out...I can tell your religon, race, politics, meds,activites, travel, pets, etc.... I'm sure i'm not telling anyting new and most of you already know this. Most don't think about the personal info that they throw out. A lot of counties use intmates at the dumps for seperating garbage/trash... Just like keeping my biz, my biz......As far as knowing my ssn, trust me you don't want it ;-)
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:44 pm

I bundle the paper ones and give them to the local charities i'm friendly with. Helps them in overhead costs.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I stuff them into those free Tyvek bags and make packing pillows for when I am shipping less than a full CTU. :mrgreen:

I love Green people! :mrgreen: :ugeek: :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:43 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:All of the wrappers, plastic or paper, get recycled as packing material. Nothing ever makes it to the trash.

Love all these :mrgreen: Green recycling ideas! :D All of us doing everything we can to help the environment! ;)
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 pm

I do the packing pillows also with the poly tubes....used all of them over the holiday season...have two already for this holiday season coming. My sister laughed when she opened her family's box for Christmas....she had visited at Thanksgiving and saw the poly tubes at that time in buckets...

I meant to post: the poly tubes do better when they are in a bag versus loose...better cushioning in your box.

and it looks like I cant spell the second time around either :roll:
Last edited by fasteddy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Hm, I like to burn paper, but lately I have so many and it's winter and I can't burn much stuff here (ashes), so I've been recycling them. But reading this thread maybe I have an excuse to make sure I burn them all :mrgreen:
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Plastic ones put with your other bags drop off at Walmart! Paper Reuse or Recycle or burn :thumbup:
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing