Processing charge for $50 bags?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Processing charge for $50 bags?

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

Was wondering about trying to get a bank or two to take fed bags of zincs for deposit. Anyone doing this currently know what a reasonable charge would be.
Or a idea of what brinks or similar processers charge. I have plenty of dump banks with counters but I'm getting tired of all the running around and wouldn't mind paying a fee at this point. I have plenty of source banks where I can get bags off of counters,so I'm not worried about ever getting my zincs back.
I'm going to start calling around this week,so I'm trying to get as much info as possible.
Not looking forward to dumping $800 zincs spread over 4-5 banks tomorrow :cry: I guess I could dump them at my mortage bank and say I'm here to repay my debt :lol:
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Processing charge for $50 bags?

Postby wackzingo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:14 am

My bank will take as many as I can bring in but they charge a 5% fee which is reasonable in my opinion because they have to pay to get rid of them.
wackzingo

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:27 am

Thanks for the reply. $2.50 a bag isn't too bad. Does the same fee apply to quarters and dollars also? I can see paying $50 in fees for 20 bags of pennies,but for 1 bag of quarters that seems a little steep?
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 am

$0 , zip, nadda is my fee. All that I can bring...as often as I want. :D
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:43 am

Copper Catcher wrote:$0 , zip, nadda is my fee. All that I can bring...as often as I want. :D

Rub it in CC :lol: you lucky dog.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:36 am

Depending on your volume and the bank you should be about to get it around $1.50-$2.

Instead of going that route I would just try to set something up with a branch manager or something,
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:51 pm

highroller4321 wrote:Depending on your volume and the bank you should be about to get it around $1.50-$2.

Instead of going that route I would just try to set something up with a branch manager or something,

Can we get a little more detail on your thoughts, highroller?
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby TXBullion » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:$0 , zip, nadda is my fee. All that I can bring...as often as I want. :D

CC, im not sure I get it, Are you a a bank manager?

I know what you mean PP. Hate having buckets that need to go back. I keep telling my fiance, one of these times, Im just going to load 2k in my truck, drive one hour, and overwhelm one bank and never have to see them again :D
TXBullion

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing