My son taught his teacher about pennies.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

My son taught his teacher about pennies.

Postby RedRockGirl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 pm

My son came home from school today and said that his teacher had shared with the class the penny floor pictures. She shares weird news with the class at times. She was telling them about the "really rare coins" that they found, (the steel and Indian head). None of the class had even heard of those, except my son. He was so proud that he knew all about the steel penny, what year, and why they made them that way. He also shared all kinds of facts about the wheat pennies and Indian heads that even the teacher didn’t know. His teacher asked him to bring his penny board to school Friday. He was the king of class for the day, and he loved it.
We have you guys to thank. We learned it all here. :thumbup:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Re: My son taught his teacher about pennies.

Postby hobo finds » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 pm

:clap: :thumbup: Keep up the good work!
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Well all we need is for our kids understand and explain currancy debasement(silver to paper, copper to zinc) and how they are being screwed by the adults running thier country.

My kid (10) understands this to the point he can explain it, and it worries him! I don't want him to worry but he's only 2 elections away from voting. Actually he only has to sit out 1 more presidential election.

Good job Red Rocker! Maybe we can turn this thing around after all
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Nickelmeister » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 pm

RedRockGirl wrote:My son came home from school today and said that his teacher had shared with the class the penny floor pictures. She shares weird news with the class at times. She was telling them about the "really rare coins" that they found, (the steel and Indian head). None of the class had even heard of those, except my son. He was so proud that he knew all about the steel penny, what year, and why they made them that way. He also shared all kinds of facts about the wheat pennies and Indian heads that even the teacher didn’t know. His teacher asked him to bring his penny board to school Friday. He was the king of class for the day, and he loved it.

Just wait until he educates his teacher about the SWEOT!
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rsk1963 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Nickelmeister wrote:
RedRockGirl wrote:My son came home from school today and said that his teacher had shared with the class the penny floor pictures. She shares weird news with the class at times. She was telling them about the "really rare coins" that they found, (the steel and Indian head). None of the class had even heard of those, except my son. He was so proud that he knew all about the steel penny, what year, and why they made them that way. He also shared all kinds of facts about the wheat pennies and Indian heads that even the teacher didn’t know. His teacher asked him to bring his penny board to school Friday. He was the king of class for the day, and he loved it.

:clap:
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Always exciting when the torch of this hobby is passed onto the next generation. *High-five*
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Awesome!
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby creshka46 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Nickelmeister wrote:

:lol:
+1

Maybe for Show and Tell?
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RedRockGirl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm thinking the SWEOT is strictly Rated M, not for children's young impressionable eyes.
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Awesome
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 pm

RedRockGirl wrote:I'm thinking the SWEOT is strictly Rated M, not for children's young impressionable eyes.

DON'T let him take the SWEOT to school. Just carrying that thing would get several woman in the school pregnant. The last thing you need is a bunch of pregnant woman claiming your son got them pregnant.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby scyther » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 am

Okay, I'll ask: what is SWEOT?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 am

scyther wrote:Okay, I'll ask: what is SWEOT?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15984
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RedRockGirl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am

slickeast wrote:
RedRockGirl wrote:I'm thinking the SWEOT is strictly Rated M, not for children's young impressionable eyes.

DON'T let him take the SWEOT to school. Just carrying that thing would get several woman in the school pregnant. The last thing you need is a bunch of pregnant woman claiming your son got them pregnant.

Yes, 10 is a little young to be a father, and I'm WAY WAY to young to be a grandma. Would that make me a GILF? :shock: :o :lol:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
scyther wrote:Okay, I'll ask: what is SWEOT?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15984

Ah. I forgot that existed...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:33 am

RedRockGirl wrote:Yes, 10 is a little young to be a father, and I'm WAY WAY to young to be a grandma. Would that make me a GILF? :shock: :o :lol:

Not with all that chest hair! :?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RedRockGirl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am

Engineer wrote:
RedRockGirl wrote:
Not with all that chest hair! :?

Touché :clap:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby spacemanX » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 pm

congrats ... +1
be proud of him, and you are doing great.
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby outofsort » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am

Great story indeed. Smart kid. The young taking pride in the hobby is a very good thing. :thumbup:

Today, I had my 12 yo daughter bring her penny collection into our pickup bank. She explained to the gathering crowd of 7 staff that everything has come from the boxes we have been getting from them. They were floored when she explained the zinc blank, Indian head, proofs, and all seven 1982 varieties in detail. Doing this softened up a tough bank manager (our nemesis) in the process!!! They now filter out the boxes of new pennies for us before they leave the vault - double win!!!
outofsort
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 am

I think not....at least none of us wear our pants "on the ground"!

As a father of a 5 year-old.....I pick the SWEOT brotherhood anyday!!!!!!

I know he would make daddy PROUD!!!! :thumbup:
TheJonasCollegeFund

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing