School Penny Wars

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

School Penny Wars

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 am

I hit my "small" supply bag bank for my usual 1 bag a week. Yesterday they had 3 bags and another one ready to drop from the machine. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I asked what was going on and I was told that one of the local schools was having a "penny war fundraiser" competition between the classrooms.

A win-win for me!!! :shh:
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: School Penny Wars

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 am

Ideally you volunteer yourself and one of your counters for the larger drives. I have this arrangement with one school. I should expand it to others. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby MUTiger » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 pm

I just got $310 in pennies and $35 in nickels at my daughter's elementary school this Monday. The take included 1 indian head penny as well. I did the same last year but got about $100 more in pennies then.

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15058

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:16 am

Going back for more right now.

Kinda low on wheats but the copper bucket was fuller :thumbup: than the reject bucket!!! Lots of memorials looking up at me out of the rejects. I hate seeing all of the new stuff!!!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Yesterday I lucked out whenI walked into the main office of our high school and found the secretary rolling pennies from little envelopes. A part of our school's pennies for lukemia (patients) fund raiser. Given it was already counted out, I offered to buy the lot for dollars so she didn't have to roll it.

Done Deal!

We now have an agreement to sell me all counted change, unrolled. She is one happy camper and I have another source.

Serendipity :D

I need to continue this line to the middle and elemtary school.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 pm

These recent 2 bags had awesome numbers of copper and wheats and a Canadian George V 1920 cent. :thumbup:
TheJonasCollegeFund

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing