odd- what are the chances

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

odd- what are the chances

Postby cwgii » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 am

I got back to the cu, that sold me 400$ solid copper at the beginning of the year. she had 2 boxes. opened 5 rolls in the parking lot.. as I like to see a sample of what I got. 3 rolls solid copper, 2 solid zinc.

I get home and decided to 'cheat'. got out my scale. 125-6 grams for the zinc, 154-55 copper. with a half dozen odds of 130 and 160.

okay, al sorted. now to process. in the 1968-74 . there were noooo Phillies. strange... why did the person do that???

I understand why there are no wheats. but the other leaves me scratching my head.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: odd- what are the chances

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

I have no idea why the sorter you are encountering does this. However, I'd try to find out who he is and communicate. Maybe give your business card (note on back) to the teller to forward. I would think for a small (very small maybe) premium he'd rather pass his -D pennies to you than the Credit Union. Whatever makes the process more efficient.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Some weird obsession/OCD?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 pm

cwgii wrote: in the 1968-74 . there were noooo Phillies. strange... why did the person do that???

I understand why there are no wheats. but the other leaves me scratching my head.

So did you get S mints for the 68-74. Also it looks like you are on the west coast so P mints would be more rare.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 am

henrysmedford wrote:
cwgii wrote: in the 1968-74 . there were noooo Phillies. strange... why did the person do that???

So did you get S mints for the 68-74. Also it looks like you are on the west coast so P mints would be more rare.

YES THE 'S' MINTS WERE THERE.
TUCSON IS THE WORST FOR COPPER. I HAVE THE LOWEST % ON THE BOARD. WELL, BEFORE THESE HOARDS ANYWAY. USED TO BE AROUND 14.5%.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing