my best box ever <6 months

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

my best box ever <6 months

Postby Frank t » Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 pm

when i got paid two weeks ago i stocked up on pennies. i bought two bank bags and a bank box of pennies. as soon as i got home i busted the first bag open poured it on the ground and started "pre searching" for wheaties. not quite a handful. maybe 20, thats a little low for my average. the next bag wasnt any better and no pre 40s, but the box.

the box seemed an ordinary 25$ brown and red box like i had searched many other days but it wasn't any typical box for me.the box had been busted open since last weekend and rolls left to lie so i could stash some solid copper rolls in it. as i was finishing up the second bag last night my little brother found a wheat end roll. he asked if he could search it, i said sure. it was a three wheat roll (the first ive seen) including a 1925. sweet. i hurried through the final 20$ of pennies loose on the floor this morning so i could search the box. finally the box.

when i got through the first 5 dollars of the box i had the 25 he found a 1920 and a 34. most pre 40s out of one box. i proceeded to find many two wheat rolls and 3 more 3 wheat rolls. about half way through i found a 1880 indian in good +. my first from circulation.(I metal detect.) final count 30 wheats one indian. my best box ever im going back to that bank to buy all their available boxes asap.
Frank t
Penny Collector Member

Re: my best box ever <6 months

Postby spacemanX » Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 am

congrats. get the rest of the boxes. i have had a few BWR boxes of 20+ wheats this year, but not with an indian.
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Landrover » Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Hey Frank..I have to get back in touch with you. I've been really busy at work (hurry up and do your work before you get forloughed). Sounds good with the pennies though. Maybe I'll swing up there to get some...
Landrover
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri May 17, 2013 8:33 pm

It is fun when you get a great box.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:10 pm

I went through 10 FV of pennies tonight and....

I found 7 wheats, at least 100 coppers, and 3 Canadian coppers!

Not a bad percentage! It had been a while since I've sorted any pennies.

;)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing